• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

Your favorite setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimMoody

Registered
Reaction score
For some reason, I have to write in larger rooms. There's something about high ceilings, large windows, and minimal furniture that makes me want to write.

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
I love to write sitting at the dining room table. I prefer being home alone so I don't have the TV in the background, but I can deal with it. If I'm not listening to silence, I'll plug my headphones in and listen to something without words, usually Spanish guitar.

I love sitting outside on the back porch to write, but we have a ridiculous amount of bugs and they just pull me out of my zone. Jerks.

JacobS.Tucker

A Wannabe F. Scott Fitzgerald
Registered
Reaction score
Website
parisandprose.com
I really like to write in coffee shops, yet I don't consider it writing in public. I actually feel that I'm most alone and left to write in a coffee shop than I ever am at home. At home, I'm constantly interrupted by chores, by dogs, by family members, and I sometimes can hardly sit down for ten minutes at a time. But in a coffee shop, no one comes up to me because I'm clearly busy and I can ignore my phone. The ambient noise makes my head fill up with thoughts and not match the emptiness of an empty room outside me. I feel the most snug and closed in when writing in a coffee shop, so I like being by myself when I write, I just choose to do it in a public place :)

AngelsAvengeMe

Registered
Reaction score
I normally write while sitting on my couch and listening to music that helps with the mood of the story. I'd love to write outside, especially on a beach or on the water, but I haven't gotten around to it. I really should! I bet it'd be great for my creativity. :)

morriss003

Lurking along
Registered
Reaction score
Website
warmhawaiian.wix.com
At home, at my desktop computer, in my man-cave with my five LCD tvs. I'm watching Rory Mclroy on the seventeenth fairway. Already watched NASCAR and IndyRacing. Coming up, NFL football and another golf tournament. But I get distracted by my writing.

aguywhotypes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
abstractsbybrian.com
I write in my basement.

I have a walk out basement so it's not as gloomy as what you may think. I get natural light filtering into the doorway.

I use a 40" LCD TV as my monitor and all the words are BIG, I like that; it helps me to get absorbed into the 'page.'

I'm an abstract artist.
When I need a break, I walk down the halway and into my art studio.

I have a small fridge and a bathroom and another room that is my wife's library which I'm slowly taking over, now that I'm writing. Walls are painted purple and two windows to the outside.

I write all day, I work out of my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.