Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
Hallo all.

I've finished packing. Heading back to school in the morning.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Boo school, indeed!

I'm so in love with my new WIP! Uh oh. WIP was the first thing that popped out of my head. Did I just replace CMRH? I mean, I hardly work on CMRH anyway. I keep opening the doc and hardly making any progress for the last couple of weeks. I'm not tired of my characters or the story. Just stuck without inspiration. Maybe if things get going with Tattoo Love and I'm feeling good about writing again, I'll go back to CMRH. For now, TL all the way

Kyrie

Registered
Reaction score
Heh, I'm actually looking forward to going back to school... *is Hermione Granger* :tongue

Mostly I'm just startled that I'm actually going back TOMORROW. How did that happen?!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's Bank Holiday tomorrow over here. But the school year doesn't start until September anyway, but some unis, including mine, start in early October.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Erm... about 3 months. Obviously, spring's a bit weird cause it depends when Easter falls I think.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so torn about CMRH. It's the novel that's closest to being query ready but I'm having such issues with revising it. I guess I'm still worried I'm gonna screw it up tragically since it does have a strong premise. Should I even be considering finishing up an entirely different novel to query? Because I honestly am :(

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
NO NO NO.

What I suggest is putting it aside while you work on TL and then go back to it with fresh eyes and renewed motivation.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
University generally runs from October through to mid December, then from mid January to Easter, then after a month's break there's a spring term and exams take place in May and June.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Para explained it better than me.

ETA: Also, I don't do exams on my course! Yay!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so torn about CMRH. It's the novel that's closest to being query ready but I'm having such issues with revising it. I guess I'm still worried I'm gonna screw it up tragically since it does have a strong premise. Should I even be considering finishing up an entirely different novel to query? Because I honestly am :(

I'm not following your issue here. None of your novels are ready, so you can't query any of them. If you finish writing and revising one, then you can query that one. At the moment you don't have any querying options, so it seems premature to worry about what will happen when you do.

Kyrie

Registered
Reaction score
University generally runs from October through to mid December, then from mid January to Easter, then after a month's break there's a spring term and exams take place in May and June.

Intriguing. Not sure if that sounds better or worse than our setup. :tongue

Kyrie

Registered
Reaction score
Fall semester starts mid to late August and runs till mid December, with a week off for Thanksgiving in November. Then we have a month off, and go back for spring semester at the end of January. Spring semester goes till mid May, with a week for spring break in March or April.

Elusive

kick-ass extra something special!
Registered
Reaction score
*is fascinated by these different uni setups*

Ours go September to Christmas, no breaks, for fall semester, and then winter semester is January - mid/late April with a week off in February. Then those of us not taking any spring/summer classes get to work for four months to try to pay for the next year. :tongue

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
My college = done. Haha, still so weird.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Dawning Glory...

it was an epic fantasy about a general whose biggest fear was admitting to having fears, who had incredible magic but couldn't use it without going insane, who went to war in a continent where war leads to the apocalypse, who loses everything and everyone but keeps fighting anyway.

ETA: *hugs Karla*

Karla, I know what it's like to be super sensitive, but really, it's what makes you an amazing person. Being able to feel with that much intensity makes you so kind and good and special. I know it's tough-- my hatred of my sensitivity gave me an ED-- but you're perfect the way you are.

Last edited:

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ky, Lisa! And everyone else! I miss my TWFT time <3

Going good here, I finally have a bit of free time so I'm trying to maximize it - coffee/writing/nostalgia chick/twft. Later I'm going to finish painting a Warhammer figurine thing. Some kind of tank.

ETA: *hugs* for Karla. Just remember, that time in junior high/high school is in the past now. You don't have to backtrack; you can be however you want now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.