• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Kathryn Green Literary Agency

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
Based on the feedback that I saw on this page, I emailed my query to Ms. Green. About 3 hours after I sent out my query, I received a request for a 50 page partial. It seems like she would be really amazing to work with, so I hope she takes an interest in my work.

SusanH

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't read if she accepts Memoirs, but I did see a book that was clearly a memoir..... well, all she can say is no....

jilymich

Registered
Reaction score
kathy green asked for a call

Kathy asked for a phone call after reading my proposal. I've met with an agent a few months ago who I met in person with and then she didnt offer representation - she gave me things to fix and told me to come back in a few months and now shes nowhere to be found (ill leave her unnamed). However, has anyone spoken to Kathy and not been offered? What are the calls like? Any advice would be wonderful.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
If you haven't already, drop down to the Ask the Agent forum, where there's a few threads (like this one) that address The Call. Best of luck!

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Any recent experience with this agency?
She seems to be quite a quick responder. I e-queried on 3rd April with a sample chapter and received a polite rejection on 11th April. Seems a good catch if your work is to her taste!

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Samara but sadly it was not lol.

EQ: 19/05
ER: 24/05

Good luck to the others!

WriteBrained

Learning more from this great site!
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping this up.

Anyone have any recent experiences with this agent?

Lucky Lucy

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query on Sept 25, she requested 50 pages on Sept 26, and on Oct 7 requested a full.

SportsScribe

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
I queried with a mystery/thriller on Oct. 8. Got a rejection e-mail today. :(

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Emailed her a query on a contemporary MG on 7/6/15. Heard back today (7/13/15) with a full request!

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Got a rejection this afternoon. Kind of vague, but personalized.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I queried in July, but accidentally queried again today, followed by an apology for the second query. However, if the first one had not reached her for some reason, at least she has this one. I hope.

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Original query June 15th, sent a status query today as three months have passed without a reply. I hope she disregards the accidental query I sent in September.

ETA: Ms. Green emailed back to say she must have missed the original email, and proceeded to reject it.

Last edited:

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
After hearing such praise of her in this thread, I'm considering querying Ms. Kathryn Brown just to see what happens. But I am a bit confused by the submission guidelines: do you just send your query and no sample pages? Most ask for like the first five pages or the first ten, so I'm a bit curious. Want to make sure I'm doing this right, y'know.

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
After hearing such praise of her in this thread, I'm considering querying Ms. Kathryn Brown just to see what happens. But I am a bit confused by the submission guidelines: do you just send your query and no sample pages? Most ask for like the first five pages or the first ten, so I'm a bit curious. Want to make sure I'm doing this right, y'know.

Her guidelines say query only. Not everyone wants sample pages, and some advise that you tack them on anyway. But I don't generally risk it if the guidelines state query only.