Brainstorm time!!

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Each of the past PoLaur's has done something unique to contribute to this wonderful room. I have a few ideas, but desperately need to hear yours as well.

definitely want to start poem of the week back up.

Am thinking about a weekly competition culminating in a monthly winner to get the juices flowing in poetry crit.

Also, I remember discussing something about "Random acts of poetry" with KTC on a hazy day in may. Random acts of poetry would be poetry crit peeps going around AW and posting something about poetry in Office Party. I thought we could expand it to real life, and we could scribble poetry on small pieces of public property. Not defacement, more like, scraps of poetry that people wouldn't object to.

Ideas? I want to hear from all of you.

Smashfiction

It's largely empty in here
Registered
Reaction score
I like the scribbling on property thing. I find it refreshing to find real arty stuff instead of rubbish tags when I'm out walking. Need to find a sharpie :)

AnonymousWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Your ideas are good. I definitely think we should start "Poem of the Week" back up- it was good to store all our favourites in the one thread.

The "random acts of poetry" thing would be cool. It would be interesting to hear about the little places we left our poetic phrases/act. Pictures would be even better.

Maybe consider starting the themed poetry thread back up? It was very successful and managed to get a lot of people's poetic juices flowing.

Dichroic

that's di-CROW-ick
Registered
Reaction score
Website
riseagain.net
They sound like good ideas to me. I liked PotW - I didn't start it, but I continued it. And it gets some attention from elsewhere in AW, which is good. As for random poetry .... why not?

Kerlee

It's all a big misunderstanding...
Registered
Reaction score
great idea with random acts ;-D haha @ sharpie I'm goin' for a metallic spray can

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
I don't know if anyone would be interested but I got in on a project in another thread a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

It was a Found Poem workshop. We were given three different articles to read, not exactly related, just three articles; I think they were from a travel mag, or something like that. We were to read the three articles and as we read each one, we were to go through and highlight or circle words or phrases that stood out or appealed to us for no particular reason.

After we collected our lists of words and phrases, we were to take those lists and recombine them any way we so desired to produce a poem on any subject.

I found it interesting and a fun challenge. I can't recall any project like that here at AW but I've only been around here since 06.