Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Is fifth an alcoholic meassure? We have "thirds" here (bottles that are a third of a litre) I guess it relates to the difference between gallons and whatnot.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I was focusing more on the woo.

Intentional earworm infection....*
(I am not an official skeptic by any means. If there are any telephone psychic faith healers in the cantina, I apologize and will buy you a drink. Heck, if you are even only closely related, it's on me. But it is in my ears now...Must...pass...it....on.....)

Old MacDonald had a farm, ee ai ee ai o---
And on his farm he had some telephone psychic faith healers* ee ai ee ai o----
With a woo woo here and a woo woo there
Here a woo, there a woo, everywhere a woo woo
ee ai ee ai o----

sorry folks. I will start writing as soon as I finish this last stack of tests.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I"m gone to bed, guys. See you in the morning.

There better not be any spiders in my bed!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Welll.... a Fifth in the US is now a metric Fifth, or 750 ml, which is what, 3/4 of a liter?

An actual fifth of a gallon is 757 ml.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Damn, Cervecería Polar is lying at us! And I bet their damn polar bear is a copy from Coca-Cola's!

polar1.gif

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com
Fen, you work for class-A shites, you know that?

((((KLTownsend))))) keep writing, you are good, and fear is the mind-killer. In this case fear is a case of the self-doubts.

stupid self-doubts. *kicks them*

WOOOH Dempsey!!! C-C-Congrats!

and "I haven't had enough vodka for this conversation"? PRICELESS

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Virtual bubbly and bourbon's on the house!

Looks like I picked the right time to start on breakfast.

Morning cantinas :Sun:

There will be fresh bread today, Debio if you want some you'd have better have written something. Do I know how to motivate or what? Everybody except myself though. Big fat zero for yesterday, although I read a lot, does that count? not even if I made notes?

Fresh tea here. :Coffee:

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
If I order a set of these as a gift for someone, will you send along your crack installation team?

Yea. Yes, I will.

In other news, I deeply suspect my WIP, The Man from Megapolis, will be my first completed novel.

cool beans!

EEEH YES IT IS!!!

*dances around*

*spills bubbly*

woops.

THANK YOU!!!

Very exciting for you my friend! It was also exciting to have my Tor.com email come and have someone I know mentioned in it! Congratulations and best of luck on your first day!

As for me, I got seriously soaked by sprinklers going out to check and see if my ipod (my light... my life) was left in the car or not. It's like 40 degrees out. But I found my ipod, so, it's all good. Or at least I'm not soaked, pre-hypothermic AND have a lost ipod.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Is fifth an alcoholic meassure? We have "thirds" here (bottles that are a third of a litre) I guess it relates to the difference between gallons and whatnot.

That's close to a can (355 mL) here. I don't know what a fifth is, other than a fifth of a bottle (1 L maybe? making it roughly 200 mL?)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Cat! I really enjoyed your short, so your book is on my read list :)

And yes, total shits. Time to go to work. Yay.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

I'm up way too early because I'm hungry and I can't sleep. I'm so done with this pregnant thing.

And I got no writerly things done yesterday. Didn't even update the blog. But I got other stuff done, so I don't feel too bad.

Now I shall eat and watch shows until I fall asleep again. See y'all at a more decent hour, at least, for me.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Kricket - isn't that baby done, yet?? I hope its not an elf... they take a long time to gestate.

I have just discovered Castle. Gosh, that Fillion is cuddly. Everything cleans up very nicely each episode... a little too nicely. But still good.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
My sister just skyped me from work; she made a forty minute drive in less than twenty minutes.

SOMEBODY needs to tell her that she's going to get a ticket for speeding. E=MC[SUP]2[/SUP] is the LAW, after all.

;)

ETA: as my sister pointed out just now, E=MC[SUP]2[/SUP] is a law, certainly, but it's the wrong law for my joke. And I pointed out to her that "The Lorentz-Fitzgerald contraction is the LAW, after all" just didn't have the same ring to it.

Last edited:

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, gang! Happy release day, Cat! *Hugs* to Kricket, and to anyone else who needs them!!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Kricket - isn't that baby done, yet?? I hope its not an elf... they take a long time to gestate.

I have just discovered Castle. Gosh, that Fillion is cuddly. Everything cleans up very nicely each episode... a little too nicely. But still good.

I got two more months with this thing. :)

And Castle is great. Did y'all see last night's episode?

Morning, gang! Happy release day, Cat! *Hugs* to Kricket, and to anyone else who needs them!!

Thanks for the hug.

And I'm back now that the sun has risen.

Bananas, I want bananas.... and hot chocolate. *wanders off to kitchen*

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
So this is turning into a weird but good day, worthy of Success Baby. I offer to fix a couple of problems at work and get a lot of thanks, then one of my coworkers comes by and says she should hang out with me more because she's usually grumpy but I'm always cheerful and can make her smile, then one of the tech staff comes by and gives me some dark chocolate.

In order to celebrate, I have Pinkie Pie's "Smile Smile Smile" song playing on YouTube.

Oh, and did I mention I've been playing Final Fantasy X and have gotten two of the final ultimate weapons in the past two days? And I've started reading Sabriel? And Pittsburgh has been freakishly warm and sunny lately?

So if anyone is short on sunshine & cheer, let me know and I'll send some over!

Status
Not open for further replies.