Just Thought I'd Say Hello

theichibun

Needs to write more and think less
Registered
Reaction score
If the dot below is green, I'm not writing and I s
Website
beanplates.com
Hey everybody. I'm here because I always seem to have some story being worked on in my head and I'd like to actually get one out in a finished form.

Sometimes I know how it well end. Sometimes I don't. But whenever I've started to actually write one down I can't seem to get it finished, even though my wife tells me that she likes the way it's going. So I guess that means I'm not totally hopeless at this.

Anyway, whenever I've seen someone ask for writing help online I always see this place or somewhere more genre specific suggested so I thought I'd check it out. Just from a quick look around I think I've made a good decision.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
Welcome to AW! You have, indeed, made a wise decision. Lots of experience and advice around these parts. Make yourself at home. :)

Griffin Hayes

One evil little baby step at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to AW!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Shirokirie

*Leers at you awkwardly*
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi. Have a complimentary No! Button in the event that you need it.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW!

Please read about AW basics here in the Newbie Guide! Many questions about using this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page. Also handy for first-time users is the common acronym list. This helps you identify those mystifying abbreviations.

*Critiques* So many new members ask about having work critiqued! They should first read the 50 Post rule. But when it comes to actually posting writing in the Share Your Work (SYW) area, this thread addresses many first time questions, while this one covers
most common problems. found in SYW posts. *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how AW works.

Welcome to our community!

-kelly-

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome

And work to the end of a project and then start another. Unless you grow bored, you can't stop that. ;)

Ashes Oh Ashes

Honest, not Harsh
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blogofron.com
If you're looking for motivation and help through a community of fellow writers, you've made an excellent choice. Welcome! I hope you manage to get one of those stories out in full form!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to AW. I think you made a wise choice. Great community, great people, and awesome mods and owner. Lots of threads on writing and subbing. And fun threads to get to know folks. Glad to have you aboard. :)