• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Swap wanted for 80k Psychological/Supernatural Thriller

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLine

Owns a pen.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If everyday, you could wake up as anyone you wanted— whose life would you ruin first?

An insomniac inexplicably acquires the ability wake up as other people. He first uses his newfound power for petty revenge and sexual thrills, and then to steal money from a ring of drug dealers, but soon questions his own sanity when everyone he's ever been starts systematically committing suicide.

------------------------------------------------

There's a good dose of dark comedy in the work though it's not trying to be comically funny. There's also a lot of implied sex, but nothing graphic. And there is some violence as well; it's stark, but not gory.

The book is plot complete, and I've posted the opening in SYW. http://www.www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218340
I've also taken the precaution of registering it at the copyright office, though I trust just about anyone on this board.

I'm looking to do a beta-swap with a creative writer who would be willing to give detailed feedback, mostly about plot structure and writing style, but also willing to point out examples of typos and grammar issues they find in my work. Don't worry about offending me. As a beta-reader I will always try to be constructive and courteous, but won't hesitate to tell you if I find a problem with your work.

I'd be interested in beta-reading adult fiction. Although, YA could be okay. I usually read contemporary works, and occasionally Sci-fi or Fantasy. I'm open to just about any genre (no erotica).

Message me if you are interested, or reply to this thread if you have any questions. If you just want to read it without swapping, that's good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.