• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

My Own Personal Jesus (writing buddy/mentor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLynx

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kajitochishio.tumblr.com
Apologies, I couldn't resist the temptation.

My writing buddy or mentor would discuss my ideas, stories, and characters with me.

They would ask questions that I might not have thought of, and offer constructive criticisms as they are able and as I produce the writing itself.

In return, I would try to offer the same.

Above all, I need a very open-minded person because the contents and themes of my projects tend toward the dark, tragic, fantastical, and psychological. My personal life is also very unique, and that may bleed into my writing, my interpretations, and general conversation.

The Stories

The main story project is set in late 1800's Russia just before the fall of imperial rule. Power, sacrifice, redemption, betrayal, madness, friendship, love...a host of famous historical figures, and two young women trapped at the heart of a crumbling world.

The second story is set in a dystopian future, where a government with methods and ideologies very similar to that of the present day church of Scientology is in power. (this particular story will take some time, as despite its many fantastical elements, I am doing a great deal of research for it)

These stories will end up written in a graphic novel script format, people who have experience with graphic novels would be welcomed but that isn't necessary. I'm comfortable with traditional writing methods as well.

A good story is a good story regardless of medium. As long as we are both dedicated to telling good stories we'll work together beautifully.

AlanDavid

Registered
Reaction score
Cool post title. Haha. :D Caught my eye immediately.

I'm not experienced enough to be a mentor and I don't know much about graphic novels, but your work sounds intriguing and I do have a very open-mind. My own content is pretty controversial, so I don't have issues with anything. I'd be willing to try, if you'd like.

I'm at the final stages with my own story, which is, an 80K Contemporary Fiction (Though I'm hesitant to say Mainstream due to its content/characters.... GLBT elements, some BDSM, drug use, and of course, language. ) I've had some great help already, but it would certainly be good to get some more opinions and input on it.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.