• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader Needed for Romance Flash Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraReyna

Writing once, twice, and forever.
Registered
Reaction score
One of my biggest weaknesses as a writer is character motivation, and that is the one thing that is dragging me down in my first attempt to write a flash fiction romance story. I'm not sure if boredom is a strong enough motivation for my female heroine in this case, and I would appreciate some advice and pointers in solving this problem. I can send the first draft as a Microsoft Word Document or any other format if needed. Please send me a message via this forum or my Twitter page in my signature if you are interested. Here is a summary of my story:

Title: Crushed Flowers
Summary:
University student Shira Nelson has nothing to complain about. She lives on the other side of the city of Avalon's Golden Gate, nicknamed "Heaven," where the clean, wanted, and rich citizens reside. She has no reason to even wonder about the life on the other side of the gate...bet you can't guess its' nickname, and it's where the worst of the worst survive. Curiosity gets the better of her, though and it doesn't kill her. It leads her straight into the Devil's arms....and he's got much more than bewitching eyes and a spotty criminal past..

Length: A little over 1000 words so far (Flash fiction is supposed to be that short, from what I've read).

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
what about SYW?

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SYW is Share Your Work, a password-protected critique workshop here on Absolute Write. If you go here: the top link is SYW.

Status
Not open for further replies.