Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I can think of why it would tickle me. Because NO ONE says fancy here lol and I think it is kinda cute. We would just straight up say: "Hey I want to **** so-an-so" well. Where I'm from anyway. We tend to be very blunt here in the South.

We say it in the context of "I feel like..." as well. Old fashioned, but I still say it in that context. XD

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Hey Lisa! How goes it? :p

My problem is I have no idea if I'm adding too much trauma into my MC's life. Basically, my two characters, Kadin and Marcelle, are twins. When they were 16, their father committed suicide via shooting himself in the head in front of them.

Then when they are 21, they get into a really bad fight, so Marcelle kicks Kadin out of their apartment. And while Kadin is walking to his boyfriend's house he gets sexually and physically assaulted by these two thugs. This of course, also really affects Marcelle because she feels it's her fault. @_@;

Man, that's how we talk too. Very blunt and dirty. XD It's so bad ahaha. Then again, I have quite the potty mouth too. o.o;

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Keagan. As long as they are believably functional after the trauma then it is fine. It being believable or not would be based upon their personality. It should also influence their choices for the rest of the story. So-and-so may be afraid to be left alone at home by himself or to go to the store at night. Make it believable and it will be fine.

Another thing: Sex is like a handshake when you are at the college level here.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Dude. I just realized that one of my chairs at my dining table is different than the other two and that is why it hurts my butt. XD I just got mind humped.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
The proper term is mind ****ed but I try to be curt and not swear too much on the boards.

Like for example: The illusion was a total mind ****. -Or- When Sarah found out her History teacher was in fact her estranged father it was mind ****ingly obvious.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Most of them were about blogs and twitter so don't feel bad Zoe lol.

Awesome Karla! I hope you get a ton of work finished today :) At the very least I hope you enjoy it.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
All right, made my first Hermione banner. It's not bad, if I say so myself. Thoughts?

HermioneBanner.jpg

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
No, I brainstormed a little and figured out what'll happen in the scene I was stuck on (even though it was a future scene...IDK why I couldn't write the scenes before it. BOO.) and also another jerk situation, the one where Joe blows his cover and hell is unleashed.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Whoa. New posts.

Kidd - Thanks! I hope I get a lot done today too :D

Zoom - Me too!

Tally - It looks great!

ETA: Lisa - I hate to say it, but he deserves it.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Was my feedback helpful Zoom?

That's what I say. If he gets beaten up it would be good for the story. If you want to go that far of course :D

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Was my feedback helpful Zoom?

That's what I say. If he gets beaten up it would be good for the story. If you want to go that far of course :D

Cha, it was good.

I'm re-reading what I wrote, as I'm picking up a book I started and never finished.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Yes! More conflict is very good. And yeah, Kidd, I go even farther with Joe's revenge...:evil

ETA: And it has to be farther considering it's the climax lol

Status
Not open for further replies.