• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wendy Schmalz Agency

jkorzenko

Registered
Reaction score
PM shows that she has sold 5 children's books between '03 and '05 along with one non-fiction and a foreign rights. No sales since 12/05.

J.

jkorzenko

Registered
Reaction score
Not everyone has a sub to PM, just offering up what I found. ;) Best of luck.

ardifiore

Registered
Reaction score
Apparently she's not taking on any more clients. Or maybe that's just the response I got, hehe...

Airforce, I got the same response to a query. Her agentquery.com profile says that she only responds when interested, so I was surprised to see a rejection email. It said along the lines of she's not taking on new clients and has a heavy workload, but thank you for writing. So, who knows!

KC Sunshine

Registered
Reaction score
I got a request for a full after seeing her listed in Jeff Herman's 2008 guide. It didn't say anything about not accepting new clients, and included an email address.

KC Sunshine

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I can confirm that Wendy Schmalz is very legit- because she is now my agent!

Isenhowergirl

Isolated Wanna-Be
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I just sent my full manuscript to Wendy Schmalz with a three week exclusive...I'm trying not to freak out. Three weeks is a long time...

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
I queried her yesterday.. Does she respond to all queries, or only to the ones she likes? And, also, if she doesn't respond, how long should I wait before assuming its a no?

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomalanbrosz.wordpress.com
I just sent my full manuscript to Wendy Schmalz with a three week exclusive...I'm trying not to freak out. Three weeks is a long time...

Wow! I read your earlier post where you said she asked for that without you ever sending a query letter. Can I ask how you managed to work that, particularly since she doesn't seem to be taking unsolicited queries?

I'm ready to take notes!

Three weeks isn't long at all for an agent going over a full manuscript. Sometimes it takes a couple of months or even longer.

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone submitted to Wendy lately? Any responses?

DolphinGirl

Registered
Reaction score
I queried her January 23. Got the eject button Feb. 10.

I was actually pleased to get that as I thought she was
a non-responder.

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
I queried her on Feb 8 and got a request for a full on Feb 16. She said it'll take her about 3-4 weeks with the manuscript. Got my fingers and toes crossed!!!! :)