Missing Volume and Power Icons on Taskbar--Windows 7

Keyboard Hound

Old kid. Tough skin!!
Registered
Reaction score
The volume and power icons are missing from my task bar. I don't know if I accidentally deleted them or what but they're gone. So far I have not been able to restore them to where they need to be.

I have tried right clicking on the task bar and going to "properties" and then to "Customize" and then "show icons and notifications" and all this is checked, yet the icons do not appear on the task bar. I'm using windows 7 and any help would be so much appreciated.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Click the little up arrow that, when highlighted, says "show hidden icons".

If they don't show up, click "customize" in the same pop up box. Go through and find the volume and click the side bar labeled under "behavior" and switch to "show icon and notifications".

Other than that, restart and see what happnes.

Keyboard Hound

Old kid. Tough skin!!
Registered
Reaction score
Click the little up arrow that, when highlighted, says "show hidden icons".

If they don't show up, click "customize" in the same pop up box. Go through and find the volume and click the side bar labeled under "behavior" and switch to "show icon and notifications".

Other than that, restart and see what happnes.

Soon as rebooted, it started working again. Thanks so much for reminding me! I guess I expected it to happen instantly and didn't even think of rebooting. I'd been going over the above steps again and again. Now I can go do something else. :) Again, thanks so much!!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In my experience, that kind of stubbornness and the bow tie in your avatar go hand in hand, my ferretfriend.

Maryn, with a wink