Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Doctor Who was so weird. Spooky. I never did like dolls. *_*
Not as good as last weeks, but I still get butterflies when I watch Matt Smith *is in love* so yeah... *swoons*

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
How in the world...? How'd it happen? Have you reported them?

Some person (I reckon a woman 'cause my phone was bright pink) broke into the house with a screwdriver or something. AGGGGGH. :mad:

In other news, I now have a notebook for Underdogs to plot in. Tonight though, playlist constructing via YouTube.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Jack = Face of Boe.

ETA: I want to do a Disney Love Songs playlist one day. :D

Last edited:

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I got to sleep in today and catch up on most of the lost sleep, a friend may be coming over to make dinner with me in a little while, and I had a ton of fun with friends and roommates last night. ...I even feel like maybe I can work on AM today! :D

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I was about to start on Lifelike for a bit. But I think I'm going to let myself play Persona 4 for about an hour and THEN work on Lifelike. I'm really craving that game right now.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my days, I've just finished reading Wither and it's made me so sad and just... emotional. Really enjoyed it, but now i feel stuck. Like i became apart of the story and was willing the characters on so much, i don't know how to leave the world. haha i'm so strange :p

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
That was my goal last night. I was dead set on working more on the House... but then i got tired.... after all i did drive for 3 hours... oh well I'll start on it today after dinner...

You guys want to help me out with something?

Could you rate these from 1-7 the lowest being least scary the highest being the most

1) Placed back physically in the worst time in your life reliving it all over again
2) People you know are dead, suddenly come and try to kill you
3)Ghosts of dead loved ones come back begging you to join.
4) Horrorfying creatures straight from a nightmares hunt you down
5) Your most irrational childhood fears come to life (dolls, clowns, booggie man)
6)Rational fears come to kill you (spiders, snakes, dogs, hell ect...)
7) your best friends (or who you think are your best friends) start trying to kill you

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
i dont find that strange i've had book live me feeling chronically depressed because of the sad endings. I think you know you write an awesome story and book when your readers feel like they actually entered the story... that's my goal for my series

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it's meaningful to rank something as subjective as fears. Personally, I'm more afraid of wasps than of anything on that list. How scary those scenes would come across in fiction depends on how well you write them.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Yup! You make people feel emotions in a scene by having them empathize with a character, then have the character feel the emotion. Drawing them in and then hitting them with horrible things.

And yeah, you should be scared of wasps, Para.

Wasps are fucking evil incarnate.

As are these bastards.

221692-japanese_giant_hornet.jpg

JESUS CHRIST LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT THING!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
well i'm going on an hourly system. (7pm being nothing while 3am my characters wanting to commit suicide to escape.) Wasps would fall under rational fears, same as mine of spiders. I understand fears are objective but I'm looking for an overall favorite or least favorite with my list.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
They fly insanely fast. Like 25 miles an hour.

And their sting contains flesh melting neurotoxin.

They're evidence A that there is either no god, or he really hates us.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Ally, you know your characters best, so I think it's better to follow the order in what you think will be best for your characters. This is one of those things where a poll doesn't truly matter. Like Para said, fear is subjective, so different peoples' rankings won't really help you.

ETA: I don't know if I made any sense. I think I just did circle logic or whatever it's called >_<

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Zoom, that thing doesn't even look real. I feel like I could pluck it from your hand and make it into a brooch. (Wait, not 'your hand', but whoever person that hand belongs to).

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well a few of my friends answered the question. looks like dead loved ones coming back is the big one. Looks like thats going to be third to last.

Status
Not open for further replies.