Evacuating

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Rugcat, I notice that a lot of the smoke has lifted and it's not as badly burned as I thought at first from my side but I am still concerned about the canyon and the news keeps saying the 0% containment. Do they LIKE scaring the hell out of us or what?
It's not contained, but it's no longer threatening homes. The mandatory evacuation was lifted at 8:00 pm and residents can return to their homes.

Have a good night's sleep.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Ah thanks my friend. I had to go register my son for school tonight and then we were running all over and couldn't really sit down till now. We keep seeing little flare ups but they are definitely going the other way. No rain though. I was hoping.

You sleep well too.

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
The flames at night can be mesmerising. I hope everything fizzles out soon, and that, even though nature uses fire for regeneration, not too much damage is done. ((hugs))

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Praying for rain, Cassi. Enough to put out the fires and wash away the smoke.

Be well. ((hugs))

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Best wishes. I hope things improve. My dayghter and granddaughter are asthmatics so I empathise with you.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Well the morning has brought a lot of relief for a great number of people here. Though the fires aren't all out, homes are safe.

Thank you for your support and prayers. I firmly believe it has saved lives. According to the news report of one station they believe the fire was caused by humans and are looking for any information. Another station reports, that over 600 acres were burned in the fire and though over 200 homes were threatened, everyone is back in their homes and there were no injuries.

As I drove my son to work this morning, I passed the park where men and women were packing up their sleeping bags getting ready to head up the mountain to relieve the fire fighters on shift.

We are okay as long as the winds don't send the flames back our direction. My son is doing alright though he is very tired today from breathing the ash. The interesting thing is that it was actually worse when we left the side of the mountain to go into the valley and further north. Myself, my SO and my son all suffered from trying to breathe. But we are okay.

I'm so grateful for all you guys.

Brightest of Blessings for all.

Kim, humbled by her friends on AW

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, you must have had a scary night. I'm glad all is well.

Rain might be headed your way, we're getting some in the Vegas area because of a tropical storm down Baja way.