How'd You Find This Site?

Mo Morosco

Like New, No Refunds
Registered
Reaction score
I was surfing around the net and trying to find literary agencies and I came across this forum.
So I says to myself I says "Self (I refer to myself as self, not Mo), wouldn't it behoove you, a writer just starting out in a literary realm to acquaint yourselves with other writers?"

Behoove. There's a $5 word.

Anywho, it looked like a great place to get to know people and to have possible questions answered or dilemnas resolved.

R.G. Alexander

Princess Awesomesaucer
Registered
Reaction score
I was looking into finding literary agents and was directed to P&E and then wandered my way here, and I am very glad I did. This site is great for someone just starting out. I am very grateful for all the authors out there that want to share and help everyone they can.

Sunny Moonlight

Sippin'&Writin'
Registered
Reaction score
I joined another writer's forum but it was mainly geared towards SEO online content writers. That's cool but I was looking for 1 forum that had the total package. I searched for forums and here I am.

kidcharlemagne

Registered
Reaction score
I've been posting to Done Deal Pro for many years, discussing screenwriting, but I'm becoming more interested in writing prose so I asked if there were any good forums related to novel writing and someone pointed me to AW.

PollyWrites

Registered
Reaction score
I found the site whilst googling for info on a maybe dodgy publisher. Found they were discussed on one of your forums.

Last edited:

brandonme0116

Registered
Reaction score
I Found a question on Y!Answers (where I posted previous work) and It referred me here.

[email protected]

Registered
Reaction score
I searched through questions on yahoo answers about the best site for writers and was directed to some other site which I didn't like AT ALL.

I decided to search yahoo answers again and this is what I came up with! I am soooooo gladd I decided to try again!

heth718

With a passion!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hmarycole.web.officelive.com
I was googling for information about the Delacorte writing contest, it directed me to a thread I found very valuable. I read page after page and decided this was a place I needed to spend more time. Now I am addicted.

Lizzy

Quiet but observant
Registered
Reaction score
I was Googling the correct way to format a synopsis, and it led me here, and I am SO glad I found this forum! So much valuable information, all in one spot.

Dhaunea

Random Lunatic
Registered
Reaction score
How I got here

Weirdly, I can no longer remember. I think it was through Writer Beware, which in turn I found through Miss Snark. I ended up at the Bewares and Backgrounds board and spent a lot of time browsing.

I may have nightmares after sitting down and reading the NEPAT threads end to end, but the more you know....

WordLover

Loki incarnate
Registered
Reaction score
typed in writing forums.

So far I have been met with hostility from some.
For anyone who cares, I am a dedicated writer and I came here looking for advice.

Twisted

Apprentice Wordworker
Registered
Reaction score
Hi WordLover-

I'm a Newbie too and I'm sorry to hear you've been met with hostility. I've found this forum to be very helpful and the participants to be understanding.

I hope you find the answers and advice you're looking for and if I can help direct you to to the proper thread, please let me know. :welcome:

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
typed in writing forums.

So far I have been met with hostility from some.
For anyone who cares, I am a dedicated writer and I came here looking for advice.

I'd like to respond to this for clarity. I've looked at your posts, WordLover, and the only hostility and arrogance I'm seeing is coming from you, or is in response to yours.

Clifton Hill

Not new, not old, just me.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CliftonH.com
I think I found this site via random web browsing for writer-type stuff, and became hooked.

Everyone here has been helpful and great help in my experience as well.

Horserider92

Registered
Reaction score
How I found this site

Well, I was looking for a writing site that people were more active on. At first I really liked Critters.org but you have to read others writings and critique (a large amount) in order to stay active. I really liked it, but I never had time to read others (70k word stories. when mines is 18k words.) So then I found mibba.com and booksie.com but I kinda got bored of it and it was like basically just for writing and not asking questions and then someone recommended me this website so here I am!

inkswamp

Registered
Reaction score
I knew about this site previously but wasn't aware of the forums.

I have participated in the forums at writers.net and enjoy the discussions there, but have grown weary of the software running their forums which dates from roughly 200 BC. I asked on that site what other writing forums exist with quality discussion forums and was directed here.

So far, it looks like a good place to be. The discussions appear to be lively and full of good advice. And hey, the forum software was at least written in this century. :)

Kerlee

It's all a big misunderstanding...
Registered
Reaction score
I was double wolf dared.. so I joined, dived in and found the waters are deeper than I thought, which means I can learn plenty.. and I'm glad ;-D