Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I have tons of wonderful essential oils. And natural, hand rolled beeswax candles in a variety of colours.

Looks like it's the broth, tea and rice diet for me this weekend. I now know why I feel so ick.

I've freaking caught a stomach flu! Well that explains a LOT.

Kim, off to go veg on the couch with a cup of rooibos tea and slice of gluten free toast.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no! My s-i-l on the east coast has it, too. Must be making the rounds. I hope you feel better quick!

Maryn, making broth as fast as she can

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
I have tons of wonderful essential oils. And natural, hand rolled beeswax candles in a variety of colours.

Looks like it's the broth, tea and rice diet for me this weekend. I now know why I feel so ick.

I've freaking caught a stomach flu! Well that explains a LOT.

Kim, off to go veg on the couch with a cup of rooibos tea and slice of gluten free toast.

Our cabinets/homes are full of the same things! Essential oils, tea and GLUTEN FREE bread. :)

Hope you feel better soon!

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no! My s-i-l on the east coast has it, too. Must be making the rounds. I hope you feel better quick!

Maryn, making broth as fast as she can
It is freakish as well. My stomach is bubbling like crazy and the headache that goes with??? OWWWWW!

It's a good thing I have a few novels to beta for my Flash Fiction Challenge buddies. It will keep me entertained when I can't take studying anymore.

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Ha! Same here, candles and essential oils (so glad I don't have to give up the gluten!).

I think clary sage to cheer the spirit, frankincense to wash the troubles away, and ylang ylang for a little grounding.

And vino. Naturally. Who needs a glass?

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Same here, candles and essential oils (so glad I don't have to give up the gluten!).

I think clary sage to cheer the spirit, frankincense to wash the troubles away, and ylang ylang for a little grounding.

oh my, I'd forgotten about Clary Sage. Thanks, Cath. I also have frankincense but no ylang ylang but cedar will do. :)

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HI Rowan- glad you found us.

HI CATH!!!

Cassi get well soon.

Komnena - how are you?

Sass- who is of two minds, be motivated or sit on the couch with coffee?

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score

Bring on the vino... :)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Housekins. (Nice to see you, Rowan.)

Ahh, vino. We go through it crazy-fast in recent years. One bottle isn't quite enough for the two of us, but if we open a second, Mr. Maryn tends to drink more than he should. Me, I'll have one more glass, then recork it.

Maryn, who's been known to hide an open bottle so she can have one glass now and again

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Man, it's bitterly cold today here in western New York. The high should be about 13, and right now it's 5, and windy. I wonder if I can avoid going outside at all? Maybe.

Maryn, planning her hibernation (good thing she's eaten enough to have fat stores!)

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sheesh, I am holing up and it's only 40 here. But I should probably walk the dog. the problem is that it is rainy. 20 and sunshine is warmer than 40 with rain.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I agree. A cold rain seeps into your bones and stays, you know?

I must remind myself how miserable the heat was in Tucson and Austin, and how inescapable. Cold is better.

When we have those long-car-trip conversations about where we'd live if jobs were not a factor, it's usually someplace which does have a real winter, just not as long as here. I want a busy cultural scene with concerts of every kind, good museums, people from all over the world, and a bit of sophistication, but not a big enough city that traffic and housing prices are major negatives. Mr. Maryn just wants major league baseball, preferably Boston. Uh, honey? Winter?

Maryn, who doesn't want to live in Boston year-round

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
25 here, this morning.

I'm in my bed with my text books and that's where I'm staying for the weekend. Under the blankets, studying and sleeping.

Kim, who lives such a thrilling life that everyone wants to be her. /sarcasm

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Komnena, Sass, Maryn, and Fizz for your posts. I am in a better mood today. Sometimes I can just not think about it, and today is one of those times. If I take some breaks from AW, don't worry, it'll just mean I'm having some of those days where I can't push away the worry and sadness. It happens, but I'll be here to play when I'm feeling better. You guys are too wonderful to stay away from for long. :)

We got about 7 inches of snow last night and the kids are having a blast playing in it, and Hubs is having fun shoveling our drive and our neighbors' drives (he LOVES shoveling snow). I've been out to play in it a few times, but I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold. I'm just out there long enough to take pictures, then get the kettle going so the kids can have hot chocolate when they come in. We have to enjoy it while it lasts, since a good amount of snow is rare out here.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Housekins. (Nice to see you, Rowan.)

Ahh, vino. We go through it crazy-fast in recent years. One bottle isn't quite enough for the two of us, but if we open a second, Mr. Maryn tends to drink more than he should. Me, I'll have one more glass, then recork it.

Maryn, who's been known to hide an open bottle so she can have one glass now and again

Thank you, Maryn!
It's cold (20's) and snowing here...I'm huddled in the basement editing. :)

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Komnena, Sass, Maryn, and Fizz for your posts. I am in a better mood today. Sometimes I can just not think about it, and today is one of those times. If I take some breaks from AW, don't worry, it'll just mean I'm having some of those days where I can't push away the worry and sadness. It happens, but I'll be here to play when I'm feeling better. You guys are too wonderful to stay away from for long. :)

We got about 7 inches of snow last night and the kids are having a blast playing in it, and Hubs is having fun shoveling our drive and our neighbors' drives (he LOVES shoveling snow). I've been out to play in it a few times, but I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold. I'm just out there long enough to take pictures, then get the kettle going so the kids can have hot chocolate when they come in. We have to enjoy it while it lasts, since a good amount of snow is rare out here.
uh oh. you mean we can only hang around when we are feeling good? ;)

I can only speculate as to how you are feeling and how you will cope as your husband is deployed once again. I hope, however, that you will hang out with us no matter how you are doing and let us help you through the rough times and celebrate with you during the good.

:Hug2:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good point, Cassi. SG, we hope you'll come here when your not feeling either neutral or up, to share the whole package of yourself, not just the good parts.

Geez, if I never came here when I was grouchy or bitter, you guys wouldn't know my name.

Maryn, who received an Oscar the Grouch cookie jar as a wedding gift because it 'fit'

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Good point, Cassi. SG, we hope you'll come here when your not feeling either neutral or up, to share the whole package of yourself, not just the good parts.

Geez, if I never came here when I was grouchy or bitter, you guys wouldn't know my name.

Maryn, who received an Oscar the Grouch cookie jar as a wedding gift because it 'fit'
Have I ever mentioned that Oscar is my favorite muppet? For reals! I love that character. He's got it all going on. The great reclusive home, people stand back and don't invade his private space AND he's a lovable person just sets limits and boundaries. :)

I so want to be JUST like him when I grow up. Then maybe I won't get stomped all over.

So, in other news, today's Interpersonal Communications homework is really interesting. I haven't really contemplated the models of human attachment before and this explains so much about me, my family growing up and my marriage and subsequent divorce and my children. Wow...who knew that a class on how to interact inter-personally could be so informative.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Will it teach me how to be one of the cool kids?

Maryn, better late than never

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You aren't one of the cool kids?

Well- we're cool for being HOLers, right?

I made mahi tuna for dinner and then figured out how to make biscuits and shortcake without jiffy mix which has transfats. DUH. There is a recipe in Joy of COoking. It has vegetable oil and is really easy! Woohoo. I made short cakes with berries and whipped cream. MMM....

Status
Not open for further replies.