Looking for "teammates" to build, edit, and contribute to new blog!

hearosvoice

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Mods, my sincerely apologies if this is in the wrong place. Kindly put it in the appropriate place if one exists or simply delete it if not.

Anyhoo, I'm looking for teammates to help build a new blog that will mostly feature short works by aspiring writers. This is definitely a HOBBY project. Any monetization of the site/blog would be farrrrr down the road, if ever! Thus, I'm hoping to find a big group of writerly folks to join the team to help build the site/blog, contribute content, network and recruit for content, and edit/curate submissions (if we are able to get enough traction to start attracting them).

This is very much a seedling idea. I have claimed the website domain www.mewritepretty.com (a play on David Sedaris's "Me Talk Pretty" book). And I set up a modest site with an example post (a song review) just using a template from SquareSpace.

I have a few people interested in joining this project. Fortunately, a couple of them have tech/coding expertise. Although SquareSpace has great templates, I've already identified a couple customizations that need to be made.

We are very open-ended as we are still brainstorming and don't have a fixed identity yet. Thus, we plan on being pretty open to content in the beginning, then hopefully if we get off the ground we can be a little more focused and selective on content. We are open to multimedia content and featuring not just writers but poets, musicians, and filmmakers. I think this is a project that can easily be collaborated on remotely, so people from all over the world are welcome to join the team. I believe I can easily set up user accounts or just give the main password to all team members so everyone has access to make updates to keep the site/blog running.

If interested in helping/joining or simply curious or want to ask questions, just go to the website and use the contact form under "About": http://www.mewritepretty.com/contact/

Mods, I hope I haven't broken any rules in this post! I sincerely apologize if this post is inappropriate in some way, but I felt like since it is just a hobby project and not a competing forum or anything but rather a blog it was harmless to post about.