Status
Not open for further replies.

MadScientistMatt

Empirical Storm Trooper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madscientistmatt.blogspot.com
Just curious, as I'm not looking at ghostwriting anything at the moment. But if you do a ghostwriting gig and your name does not appear on the book (such as "with" or "as told to"), is that a case where you cannot in any way use the experience as a writing credit in a querry letter? Or is there some way to let the publisher know you have the experience, without "outing" yourself?

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
MadScientistMatt said:
Just curious, as I'm not looking at ghostwriting anything at the moment. But if you do a ghostwriting gig and your name does not appear on the book (such as "with" or "as told to"), is that a case where you cannot in any way use the experience as a writing credit in a querry letter? Or is there some way to let the publisher know you have the experience, without "outing" yourself?
Hi Matt, I've ghostwritten six (maybe 7) books and I put all of them on my writing cv. Unless you sign some kind of confidentiality agreement when you ghost a book, they are all viable credits that you can and should mention.

Jakalyn

Registered
Reaction score
What about when you do sign a confidentiality agreement? I am ghosting a book, and I had to sign an NDA. So, I am not supposed to tell the name of the book, the author or the company. How in the world can I get better gigs and let anyone know what kind of experience I have without being allowed to disclose any of this info?

Or will that just depend on the client?

The one I'm doing now is a big jump from previous ghostwriting gigs, and I would really like to make an even bigger jump next time. But I'm not sure how I can land really good jobs if I can't prove that I've ghosted anything....

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I would suggest that next time you stipulate in your contract that your NDA doesn't apply to listing the credit on your writing cv for future work.

Status
Not open for further replies.