• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Alpha/beta reader needed for legal nonfiction story

Status
Not open for further replies.

REMLIG

Registered
Reaction score
I'm seeking an alpha/beta reader/mentor to read and critique my nonfiction manuscript and book proposal. I do need it edited and am actively looking to hire a professional. At this stage I would welcome an alpha/beta reader to give me feedback and their opinion what they think.

The story began as a memoir about several legal cases that come together in the pages of the book. I recently changed it from memoir because after querying agents, getting nowhere, realizing that memoir is a difficult genre to break into, I felt my work might be best suited as creative legal nonfiction instead. But again, I'm not sure and open to suggestions.This is the reason why I'd like a professional of sorts that is familiar with nonfiction legal stories or understands legal memoir to critique my work to help guide me in the right direction. Thank you but I do not want someone that writes/reads novels.

The story has several legal cases -- a family law case, a corporate takeover case and a white collar crime case. The cases all tie together in a neat little package. It does has an element of crime although it is not murder. The entire storyline is legal in nature and is entirely fact based, nothing is made up.

I am a published author but not in this genre.

This forum isn't so anonymous and what I post here can be found by a google search. I would like to keep a bit of privacy here. So if you are interested and would like to contact me please send me a private message. Thank you all for your help and support!

Status
Not open for further replies.