Status
Not open for further replies.

D.M.Drake

Working hard, loving every second!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kourageouskidsstorybooks.com
Aww, being sick sucks. Hope you hit your writing goal!

I actually finished a short story today. It wasn't the one I "needed" to finish, but hey, for me, actually finishing a story is something.

It needs a good strong editing job done to be truly finished, but the whole story is there, just waiting to be made all polished and pretty!

Thank you! Congrats on finishing the short! Progress!

Kelkelen

Writer-In-Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annecat.deviantart.com
Weekend karaoke with friends helps to clear the brain. I hope that I can approach my writing with a better mindset tomorrow! I also hope that all of you are having a great weekend too. Preferably a chocolate-filled one.

KyraDune

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kyradune.weebly.com
Yay, for finishing a story Ovid. DM, I hope you're feeling better. I'm on the last draft of a novel myself, the end is in sight. It's a happy feeling, but also kind of sad. I get attached to my characters so that I almost hate to actually finish a novel and say goodbye, lol. But I don't have to say goodby yet, this is a trilogy and I still have book three to go.

D.M.Drake

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yay, for finishing a story Ovid. DM, I hope you're feeling better. I'm on the last draft of a novel myself, the end is in sight. It's a happy feeling, but also kind of sad. I get attached to my characters so that I almost hate to actually finish a novel and say goodbye, lol. But I don't have to say goodby yet, this is a trilogy and I still have book three to go.

Thank you.
Congrats on being close to the end! I am attached to my current chars as well, I am sad to go to bed at night, I am not looking forward to being done. :'(

D.M.Drake

Registered
Reaction score
Website
*Drunkenly sings*

Gather round ye lads and lasses
Set ye for awhile
And hearken to me mournful tale about the Emerald Isle
Let's all raise our glasses high to friends and family gone
And lift our voices in another Irish drinking song

Now everybody's died
So, until our tears have dried
We'll drink and drink and drink and drink and then we'll drink some more
We'll dance and sing and fight until the early morning light
Then we'll throw up, pass out, wakeup, and then go drinking once again

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Halloween!!!!!

I'm so excited. I've got half of my costume and make-up on--just sitting down to eat dinner and then get into the rest of the get-up! :D Oh, and the kids are coming too. ;)

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
No, you most certinly are not! Last night was awesome!! We were lucky to have a nice night for it--crisp, but not too cold. The kids collected nearly ten pounds of candy! (For reals!! My husband weighed it :D) At first I was like, "that's waaayy too much candy. Next year, we're not going out as long" and then I realized all that candy might come in handy as I attempt to do NaNo!!

Kelkelen

Writer-In-Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annecat.deviantart.com
No, you most certinly are not! Last night was awesome!! We were lucky to have a nice night for it--crisp, but not too cold. The kids collected nearly ten pounds of candy! (For reals!! My husband weighed it :D) At first I was like, "that's waaayy too much candy. Next year, we're not going out as long" and then I realized all that candy might come in handy as I attempt to do NaNo!!

Oh, that's excellent!!! Enjoy the sugar rush. ;)

I went to a party. Dressed up as Artemis (Greek virgin goddess of the hunt, protector of maidens and of women in childbirth, moon goddess, etc.) I actually sewed myself a tunic!

I was covered in so much body glitter, I'm still sparkling 1 bath and 2 showers later!

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
Isaac said "trick or treat" for the first time last night! And actually said "thank you" to candy-givers instead of just signing it...it was awesome. He was a monkey...but his costume didn't come with a tail, what monkey has no tail?! So I made one for him. Kyle was an adorable puppy...People adored them, of course. And funny enough what was to be our last house for the night was the house's first trick or treaters....:ROFL: We got quite a bit of candy from her, poor lady.
I didn't get to dress up, but when I asked if we were "parents". I was quick and replied no "prisoners". It's now determined I earn my stripes next year!
Oh, and I love how any candy with peanut butter or other nuts are automatically mine! Muahahahaha! I'm the only one that can eat them in this house.
( I was in peanut butter heaven last night! It's been a loooong time!)
I made pretzels yesterday...and I have to say I also love listening to halloween music...it's so fun!

Ovid9

Professional Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Little kids in Halloween costumes are hilarious. Years ago a cousin of mine who is now good lord, 15 or so, was dressed as a panda. He was at that furious crawling stage so he spent the entire night racing around the floor as a tiny panda bear. So cute.

I'm so tired after staying up til 1:30 starting nanowrimo. I'm trying to figure out how I functioned on a daily basis in college on 4-5 hours of sleep? Oh yeah, I was young and too dumb to know different.

Kelkelen

Writer-In-Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annecat.deviantart.com
Little kids in Halloween costumes are hilarious. Years ago a cousin of mine who is now good lord, 15 or so, was dressed as a panda. He was at that furious crawling stage so he spent the entire night racing around the floor as a tiny panda bear. So cute.

I'm so tired after staying up til 1:30 starting nanowrimo. I'm trying to figure out how I functioned on a daily basis in college on 4-5 hours of sleep? Oh yeah, I was young and too dumb to know different.

But look at that word counter. Hooray!

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Great word count Ovid! I wish I could function on that little sleep! I dragged myself out of bed this morning an hour and a half early to get back to it. I've got 850 words still to go to meet the min for the day, and I have to leave for work in a little more than an hour...I know that seems doable, but I've also got to get my kids ready for school in there!

Ovid9

Professional Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
I really should be editing a short story I want to submit, but my brain is ruined right now. Oh well, tomorrow is FRIDAY (night)!

*Idly wonders if Katy Perry wants to come party at my house....*

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
Yawning.....beautiful fall day even an extra hour sleep doesn't help. Stumbles to coffee pot and starts to brew pumpkin spice blend. Hoping all are doing well while I sip my tea and head towards the small corner desk that the amber hues of laptop beckons me to write another chapter in my children's book that I promised to finish by end of month for WIP Nano group.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.