Halloween Costumes!

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I thought of Vince the second you said KISS, Mr Kal :D

That had to be fun. I love group costumes.

SomethingOrOther

-
Registered
Reaction score
My brother and I got a bunch of our friends together, and we all stood on top of one another wearing grip-enhancing socks and went as a human, but at the campus party we lost our balance and fell and everyone was like, "Omg, look at the doggies." We had to sneak out before anyone caught us because there was a NO PETS ALLOWED sign somewhere near the security desk. And I was thinking, Bitch please, people are *our* pets, but rules are rules and we didn't want to be towed and impounded. We managed to steal a keg, though, and we got drunk and tried to do blow (it turned out to be snow) and immediately fell asleep. I swear this junkie stray cat stole my wallet, while I was sleeping. Luckily it was completely empty.

backslashbaby, we should've asked your dog to come along. He's bigger than all of us so he could've easily been the base. And the girls in our group think he's hot, even though I keep telling them they're too young for him.

Last edited:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
My brother and I got a bunch of our friends together, and we all stood on top of one another wearing grip-enhancing socks and went as a human, but at the campus party we lost our balance and fell and everyone was like, "Omg, look at the doggies." We had to sneak out before anyone caught us because there was a NO PETS ALLOWED sign somewhere near the security desk. And I was thinking, Bitch please, people are *our* pets, but rules are rules and we didn't want to be towed and impounded. We managed to steal a keg, though, and we got drunk and tried to do blow (it turned out to be snow) and immediately fell asleep. I swear this junkie stray cat stole my wallet, while I was sleeping. Luckily it was completely empty.

backslashbaby, we should've asked your dog to come along. He's bigger than all of us so he could've easily been the base. And the girls in our group think he's hot, even though I keep telling them they're too young for him.

:ROFL: :ROFL:

He would have loved it. He wouldn't think they were too young, but he goes for the really tall gals for some reason. I think he sees himself as 10 feet tall :)

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... on Halloween, somebody came up to me and said, "Your costume sure is scary."

"But I'm not wearing a costume."

"Oh. Sorry."

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's almost that time again!!! Anyone plotting anything big for this year? I was having a very heated debate of which was a better costume, Eleventh Doctor or Ms Frizzle. then when I did a google image search for her the first thing that popped up was a tumblr devoted to the theory that Ms Frizzle is a Time Lord. So there you go. Anyone have any good ideas on what pattern to use? I need a vaguely old timey conservative dress made out of a tacky print material... http://blog.modcloth.com/2011/08/11/style-icon-getting-schooled-in-fashion/

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
A friend of mine proposed a Pacific Rim Kaiju costume that is so hilarious and questionable I'd do it for a cosplay contest. If, yanno, I was going to any conventions. But I probably won't do it soon enough to capitalize on the movie.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! I can't wait to see people's pics this year :)

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Technically not a Halloween costume, since it was made for zombie fest, but this was my daughter's costume.
The dress was a find in a thrift shop. We had fun with the blood spatter and artistic destruction.

Even zombies like slushies.
fd9e.jpg

Even under gray decay makeup, bullet holes, latex gashes, and gory bite marks, she manages to make the undead look good. It's almost unnatural.
htpr.jpg

The head to toe makeup took me an hour and a half. Unfortunately no one got any good pictures before the make up started to wear off at the end of the day. A lot of the latex was pulling away, and the blood smeared off.

It's almost tempting to put it all back together again just for some good pictures.

Vespertilion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Great work, Wicked. I always forget to corral folks for a picture.

Thank you. :)

There is a decided lack of pictures this year. tsk tsk

The little princess was a pixie for Halloween. Talk about a total reversal from zombie fest.
Her ears got the most compliments. Everywhere we went, people wanted to touch them. We got them online from Aradani Costumes.

clicking on thumbnail should bring up the full-sized picture
wd5p.jpg

Last edited:

Vespertilion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, she looks fab! The ears really go with the shape of her face, too :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Her costume looks amazing, Wicked! Very cool. And yep, love the ears.