Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
All three of mine were rejected :(
Here's the reply I received:

"Thanks for sending in your stories, but after much thought and discussion, we've decided we're not going to take them. You're a talented person, and I'm sure you'll find another publisher to snatch them up.
Thanks for thinking of us,"

Form rejection?

RGame

Some guy
Registered
Reaction score
They still have the July issue up.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
All three of mine were rejected :(
Here's the reply I received:

"Thanks for sending in your stories, but after much thought and discussion, we've decided we're not going to take them. You're a talented person, and I'm sure you'll find another publisher to snatch them up.

Form rejection?
Nothing like mine.

"Dear Jeanne,

By the time you read this, your manuscript will have already been rejected.

There's no sense in asking me why or what you could have done differently, because I've already moved on to other stories.

It wasn't you. It was me. I -- Awww, who'm I kidding… it was partly you. You didn't make me feel like you were really interested in making this relationship work. I didn't feel any sparks between us. You didn't make me laugh.

This story wasn't a match made in heaven, but the next one may be. Submit again. If you don't, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But soon. And for the rest of your life.

Sincerely,

On the Brighter Side

PS: I'm keeping the ring."

I think that was their form letter. So, hopefully your rejection means it was either personal or someone there figured out "my" rejection letter wasn't as funny as they'd hoped.

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
They still have the July issue up.
You know, I would swear I signed up for this, but either I did it wrong or I don't get whatever info that says the magazine's live, because I haven't seen any of the issues. (And yeah, this just occurred to me. What can I say? There's a lot going on. LOL)

Do the rest of you get the issues in your inbox or go to the site?

RGame

Some guy
Registered
Reaction score
Jeanne, you can just go to the site at othebs.com

I'm pretty sure the first issue came out right on July 1st. That doesn't necessarily mean each new issue will be out on the first of the month, of course, but it's got me wondering.

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Jeanne, you can just go to the site at othebs.com

I'm pretty sure the first issue came out right on July 1st. That doesn't necessarily mean each new issue will be out on the first of the month, of course, but it's got me wondering.
Oh, for some reason I thought they'd already had several issues out. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
I signed up, too, and never received it. I suspect e-mail-snatching aliens. Of course, that could just be due to the fact I'm listening to Coast to Coast AM.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score

Nope Jeanne, this was a form rejection, too.
Someone just told me they received the same one.
And here I was thinking I was "talented."

Take heart. We'll get 'em next time :)

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Down so low in Austin, bottom looks like up.
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
Just FYI, based on the content of the July issue, there seems to be a preference for non-fiction, especially essays, over fiction. While it's early here in Austin-town, which ups the odds for my having missed something, I didn't notice any stories.

There was nothing about submission periods in the guidelines, but the opening, An Open Letter From The Editors, mentioned that those who submitted too late for the July issue would have to wait until August to re-sub.

Bayou Bill :cool:

eta: I submitted five short stories ranging from 100 to 1600 words. I'll post the results. bb

Last edited:

RGame

Some guy
Registered
Reaction score
The first issue did seem nonfiction heavy, but the three pieces I sold were all complete fiction. Bigfoot, force-fields, and romance advice from a nine-year-old.

Oh, and the magazine is quarterly instead of monthly.

Status
Not open for further replies.