Nano 2013 Last Line of the Day

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
[FONT=&quot]“So? Darlin’, you’ve grown just about as much as you’re gonna grow, from tits to toes. You’re off the assembly line now, and it’s all downhill from here.” She shoots me a wink. “Enjoy it. Get nasty while you can.”[/FONT]

That's amazing. I love it.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
It won't make sense if I don't post the last few lines.

[FONT=&quot]"What side did you choose?" [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]The silence that followed stretched on for what seemed like an eternity, before Leander whispered. "The wrong one." The smile had disappeared from his face, and he looked years older. I still didn't know which side that meant. [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am the queen of lame-o last lines...

He didn't let go of her hand as they ventured deeper into the forest, and she didn't mind.

SportsScribe

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
This was last night's last lines:

[FONT=&quot]“Madre de dios!” Lucero exclaimed, his eyes wide with terror. They were the last words, his last thought, before a wall of fire that stretched across the horizon engulfed him and the missing car that no one would ever know he’d found.[/FONT]

Putputt

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This was last night's last lines:

[FONT=&quot]“Madre de dios!” Lucero exclaimed, his eyes wide with terror. They were the last words, his last thought, before a wall of fire that stretched across the horizon engulfed him and the missing car that no one would ever know he’d found.[/FONT]

Heehee, sucks to be Lucero. :D

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

He didn't let go of her hand as they ventured deeper into the forest, and she didn't mind.

I like it.

This is mine:

She went on muttering to herself, forgetting to say good-night and sweet-dreams before she left the room, carrying the candle with her.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Not done for the night yet, but here's my last line as of now: "I don't know if all the Jameses know who I am or just him, and I don't know if I should be more or less nervous about the fact that none of them has tried to kill me yet."

shestval

No more horror books at 1am
Registered
Reaction score
I feel like everything I wrote today was crap but at least I met the daily goal! Only the second day I've met it so far. XP I'll celebrate by posting my last line.

A familiar tapping on the window attracted my attention. Sitting on the windowsill, feathers rumpled and wet, was my little sparrow.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing special:

His finger ignites, burning the palm of my hand.

SportsScribe

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Here's tonight's grand finale, such as it is:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]About then Charlie made eye contact with her and damned if the glances and body language flying between the two all but set the time and place they would meet up after we got settled into our rooms.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Have I mentioned the insufferably lucky son of a bitch is a babe magnet?[/FONT]

TNK

Registered
Reaction score

I think I've got you beat. :tongue

“Miss Maeve,” he said. “It sure does my heart good to see you out and about after such a tragedy. How are you and your boys fairing?”

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm loving these! :).

Here's mine (well, the last few).

His breath smells like bacon, a surprisingly inoffensive smell. Or maybe the world just looks better to me today. Even if Bill Wilkins, football team captain with the idiotically alliterative first and last names (William Wilkins, after all) is getting up in my face and looking ready to kill.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Last one as of now:

"Vampires and their significant trinkets. . . First one I ever met kept going on and on about this old moth-eaten scarf that he couldn't unlive without. I don't know if surviving for hundreds of years makes them form sentimental attachments to inanimate objects instead of people or what, but werewolves do not have this problem."

Rachel77

Registered
Reaction score

I challenge you to a lame-o last line duel!

"The sound of screaming brought him back to himself."

It suuuuuuuuuucks.

Putputt

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last one as of now:

"Vampires and their significant trinkets. . . First one I ever met kept going on and on about this old moth-eaten scarf that he couldn't unlive without. I don't know if surviving for hundreds of years makes them form sentimental attachments to inanimate objects instead of people or what, but werewolves do not have this problem."

"he couldn't unlive without"!! Hur hur, that is full of win.

Rachel77

Registered
Reaction score
Last one as of now:

I like this!

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just knowing this thread is here forced me to finish on a good one (if it's not overdone). It will be the last line of "the famous final scene" when all is said and done:

In one hundred years Cambrai will be a forgotten French hamlet, the smashed tanks and screams of the dying under a century of accumulated snows, and Roger’s machines will be in every home in the world. Let them have their war: he was going to have their future.

Last edited:

Putputt

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Today's last line made me "hur" a bit. Ooohh, I amuse myself.

She stood there, arms crossed, glaring at him until he stopped for breath. When he caught the look on her face, the laughter disappeared. “Oh,” he said, “you were serious. She really did betray you and leave you for dead.”

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
I'm calling it quits for today. My last line was (Yes, it's from dialogue):

I care about you and I don’t want to get a call from someone with the news that you were found in a dumpster.

Gena_Skyler

Registered
Reaction score
Here's the last line from last night. There will be a new one tonight, though.

“Ok, well, good night,” she said and then left him there, tidying up his mess. She was off the clock, that was his problem now.

marie2

slowly but surely
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolemariemessina.tumblr.com
My line for today:

“I know,” Marco said with caution. He caught sight of the group entering the dining room, his features relaxing into a smile. “One can never be too careful though.”

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Two 'down's in close proximity. Poo. At least I wrote something. :) *language*: . .

“You fucker,” Andy says. Those kids are holding me down and Andy jerks my pants down and my whole body goes stiff like a statue.

That's when I stop breathing.

Last edited: