Maybe this has been done before, but (there's always a "but")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazevelt

Registered
Reaction score
Would love to dabble/play with you folks, but if it's in SYW... I don't have 50 posts yet. Does that mean I can only peer through the fence and kick my toe in the dirt?

HoneyBadger

terribly loud, emotionally distant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
What we might do, if we all roughly agree except for not Mr. Defiantpants, is have everyone PM me their tales and I'll post them all in SYW in one thread, with author names removed, then we can vote for the winner fair and square.

Or not vote, and just snark friendlyly at each other.

Also- dialogue is not required and ellipses are not periods, so you can use as many as you... well, you know... need, I guess.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
What we might do, if we all roughly agree except for not Mr. Defiantpants, is have everyone PM me their tales and I'll post them all in SYW in one thread, with author names removed, then we can vote for the winner fair and square.

Or not vote, and just snark friendlyly at each other.

Sounds good to me.

Chazevelt

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this is harder than I expected. On a par with trying to quit smoking.

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, so we're on, huh? I will try to get mine in by the deadline. I'm trying to finish up my GREAT! AMERICAN! NOVEL! (spoiler: not great) this month and I'm also caring for my cancer-stricken grandma (sadness), so I might not pull it off. But I'll give it the ol' college-dropout try.

So it needs to be a complete short piece, with an arc and a conflict and a resolution and everything? Or are we just going for the most charming five-period prose?

HoneyBadger

terribly loud, emotionally distant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
This is litfic so clearly you shouldn't be thinking about a plot at all. Soooo pedestrian.

I don't think it needs to be a full short, or true flash, or anything, but probably there should be some context to the piece. Or not.

I'm seriously the worst person to run anything, due to my complete lack of convictions.

And hooray for finishing your book and sadface for your grandmother.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
So it needs to be a complete short piece, with an arc and a conflict and a resolution and everything?

As close as you can get, at least. That's a lot for 1000 words without the other challenges.

I elaborate on the justification and purpose here.

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
As close as you can get, at least. That's a lot for 1000 words without the other challenges.

I elaborate on the justification and purpose here.

I can pull off a full arc and shit in under 1000 words. My first published short story was 998 words. Anyhoodles, I'll work on it tonight. I'm sitting up waiting for some asshole from Craigslist to show up and haul away the trusty old futon that was my only piece of furniture for the past two years. You know that chick who sold that awful zombie YA book where it's all steampunk and a lady has sex with a zombie captain of the army and the writing is all modern internet speech and it's terrible, and you know how she was all OH I WAS SO POOR AND THINKING ABOUT GOING ON FOOD STAMPS AND THEN I SOLD MY ZOMBIE BOOK AND NOW I GET TO WRITE TERRIBLE ZOMBIE BOOKS FULL-TIME, YAY, LIFE IS SUNSHINE AND UNICORN FARTS? Yeah, that chick can bite me, because I'm pretty sure she's never been poor enough that she's lived in a noisy closet in somebody's drafty basement with only a futon for furniture for TWO YEARS. Where is my book contract? CLEARLY THE UNIVERSE HATES ME. Or maybe Jesus is punishing me for being an atheist.

Anyway. The point here is, I'll check out your other post on it and see what I can come up with.

Dr.Gonzo

Wonderfully Irreverent
Registered
Reaction score
Just the full arc and not having a shit would be nice. Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.