A GAME OF THRONES (HBO) -- POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
The use of the song was a clever callback (callforward?) to a certain scene which we should be seeing next year. :D

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I could take or leave the Reeds, but excited about the Tullys, the Queen of Thorns, the Brotherhood without Banners, and Mance "awesome" Rayder. :D

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't remember who. Well at least they left Tyrion with his nose in the series...

I wonder who wrote the Rains of Castamere. Martin only hinted at various verses in the book, and kept repeating many of them...
Makes you wonder what they're going to do with (spoiler in white font) Jaime's hand getting cut off.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
I suspect HBO will show it because >>>he does get a golden prostetic hand and it is a important element for Jamies growth.<<<

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Thoth . . . good news, the Reeds are confirmed for season 3:

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/EW_Scoop_on_S3_New_Characters/

Good, I was skimming the last ten chapters of Book 2 last night and I really missed the Reeds and as I suspected, they are very important to Bran's development.

As to Osha I hope they don't cut her from the series. I like her in the series, much more so than in the Book and I think it would help to have an adult along during Bran's journey, other than Hodor...

H o d o r ... I love saying that...:)

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
On Jaime . . . >>>> They should show his hand. Faking "no hand" is easier than sitting in a makeup chair for 7 hours to show Tyrion w/o a nose. <<<<<

Definitely excited about Mance and others. Cannot wait to see casting news as it comes in.

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
Here's a question someone might be able to answer.

What was Cercie wearing? It was not a bustier, nor a corset, and I do not think it was attached to her gown but worn over. Was it a partial breast plate?

Reason I ask is because being gold, it sure would draw attention to her from Stannis's common soldiers she so fears. I am rather surprised they did not arm her with a sword as well, knowing how Cercie wishes she was born male instead of female.

Kyra Wright

Skulduggery and haberdashery
Registered
Reaction score
I got to watch this episode last night with my friend. When Stannis's men were bringing the ladders to scale the walls, I made some joke about how they should tell him to climb up before anyone else...then he actually did, and I had to eat my words.

Overall, I really enjoyed getting to see this battle. This is the only episode this season I've been able to watch fully, instead of just catching bits and pieces.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a question someone might be able to answer.

What was Cercie wearing? It was not a bustier, nor a corset, and I do not think it was attached to her gown but worn over. Was it a partial breast plate?

Reason I ask is because being gold, it sure would draw attention to her from Stannis's common soldiers she so fears. I am rather surprised they did not arm her with a sword as well, knowing how Cercie wishes she was born male instead of female.

I think it was more for uh.... ornament maybe? I kept looking at it and thinking, "well, that's not going to do a whole lot of good."

Izhitsa

Registered
Reaction score
I have to wonder if Ser Moore was acting on his own, or something Joffrey told him to do previously. Like, "If you get a chance, kill my uncle but make it look like Stannis's troops did it."
I think it was Cersei who ordered the assassination. Ser Mandon was to play the role of Ser Ilyn for the Imp, and Cersei might've even left the 'kill in case the battle goes wrong' part out. It's just something she would do.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
If you have seen the trailer for next week, it looks like Tywin is going to get all the credit, too. God, I can't wait for Joff's wedding day. :)

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
If you have seen the trailer for next week, it looks like Tywin is going to get all the credit, too. God, I can't wait for Joff's wedding day. :)

Well here's the thing... caution possible spoilers for those who have not read the series as of it. And if you haven't what the hell are you waiting for...;)

>>>The red wedding takes place at the end of the first half of Book 3 and since HBO is splitting Book 3 into two season, I suspect it will arrive at the end of season 3. A shocker for those who have not read the books.

Joffrey's Wedding takes place near the end of Book 3, so again, I would assume HBO will use this at the end of season four, which will also mean Tyrion is jailed and Sansa escapes KL with Littlefinger. So Joffrey has at lease two more seasons before the little bastard gets his... <<<

Season three should be slow in Kings Landing, so most of the action is going to be with Jon, Dani, Bran, Cat and of course, Theon.

Will have to keep a speculation thread going after the summer with any updates we find about Season Three. Hell, hopefully the damn 6th book will be out before Season three starts. You can bet I will preorder Book 6 on Amazon as soon as they open the preorder tab...

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
Also, has anyone noticed that the nude scenes have been getting tamer the last part of the season compared to the beginning of the season?

Just another idle thought...

Lainey

Registered
Reaction score
I am so in love with this show and I am kind of dying waiting for the finale. The last one was my favourite of the series.

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, was a big fan of this episode too.

"Half-man! Half-man! Half-man!"

I thought that part was great.

Although, I'll say this much - Stannis being the first up the siege ladder was ridiculous. I don't care how "lead from the front" you are, the King doesn't go up *first*. :)

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
Although, I'll say this much - Stannis being the first up the siege ladder was ridiculous. I don't care how "lead from the front" you are, the King doesn't go up *first*. :)

The writers of this episode, while good, might have wanted to give Bernard Cornwell a ring to ask his opinion. He would have straighten them out on realities, even in fiction.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Martin wrote the episode himself! I imagine there was a reason he put Stannis at the top of the ladder. :) But, I kind of wondered the same thing myself.

And Thoth, yes, we have a few more seasons of you know who. Boooo. As for nudity, there was not much at all in this last one. Just some random boobs. I have noticed that women in this fantasy world are pretty well-groomed. I guess they don't want that super 1970's thing going on.

Katana

On the edge...
Registered
Reaction score
Alexander the Great did. He was considered the greatest military genius ever, though it did get him an arrow in the chest (he survived).

robertbevan

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Also, has anyone noticed that the nude scenes have been getting tamer the last part of the season compared to the beginning of the season?

Just another idle thought...

i noticed sort of the opposite. i was thinking "battle of blackwater. not much opportunity here for boobies." but then there was that scene between bronn and the hound (which i don't remember from the books) where bronn just strips a girl naked and jiggles her around a bit, like it's part of an hbo contract.

i'm not complaining.

by the way... does anyone else remember bronn and the hound having this animosity in the books? maybe i should reread.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Yep, was a big fan of this episode too.

"Half-man! Half-man! Half-man!"

I thought that part was great.

I think it was more to emphasize how different Stannis was to Joffrey as far as battle leader.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
There was nothing between Bronn and the Hound in the books. I think Martin added that for fun. :) It was the opportunity to let two characters converse that didn't in the books. As a writer, I think I would have enjoyed creating that scene.

On another note, Martin really gave Rory M. (The Hound) some great lines. Made him a sad, pathetic dog but gave him a little heart too. I do think Sansa eff'ed up not going with him. He would have protected her to the death and would have probably kept her safe, too. As far as I'm concerned, he's the best swordsman in Westeros (at least at this point). I mean, he beat the Mountain and could have easily bested Bronn, imho.

On spoilers (do not read unless you've read the books!) >>>> Remember after Arya left him to die, someone, Brienne I think, came across a church or monastery and they told her that the Hound was dead? Anyone else think he joined the order and was "reborn" into that religion? <<<<<

Last edited: