Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Some of us have more time on our hands. (Insert evil laugh).

Up to a hundred pages on my latest opus and all looks good but finding things for the MC's to do is driving me nuts!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
netz, i used to get caught up in the post numbers, but meh, doesn't really matter. If you feel any better, I've been here for about 3 years and she has more than me as well ;) Some people are just better socialites than others, and as you say, have more time. Wish I did, but I have young kids and it's just not possible because most of my spare time is spend on family, then my projects, then beta reading. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I lurk, mostly, these days. Been busy working on my sequel (finished the first draft this week - yay me!).

I've been an AW member for just over a year now and I can't believe parumpdragon (who joined a month later) has hit over 18,000 posts while I'm only almost about to hit 500, lol!

Hi Netz!

I am busy working on a sequal too. Not sure how far I will get into it before I run out of ideas, but it is fun in the meantime ;)

Congrats on hitting 500 posts!

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
netz, i used to get caught up in the post numbers, but meh, doesn't really matter. If you feel any better, I've been here for about 3 years and she has more than me as well ;)

Lol! If you added up all the posts of the people who post on OPWFT, I reckon parumpdragon would still beat us!

Hi Netz!

I am busy working on a sequal too. Not sure how far I will get into it before I run out of ideas, but it is fun in the meantime ;)

Congrats on hitting 500 posts!

Hi, parumpdragon :D

I haven't quite got there yet (about 7 more posts to make before I can celebrate that milestone, lol!).

Is this the sequel to your sci-fi one with Raffin (I think that's his name, isn't it?)?

Hello to all the lurkers. :D

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I have not. I'm actually working on a rewrite of it. My first draft writing has become cleaner/smoother, and I figured I would figure out which scenes I need to keep/add/cut from my full draft. Then rewrite the scenes I need to make everything tighter. Then because the writing is better, hopefully I'll just need to expand my usual bare bones in draft two. Maybe some tweaking too.

Though, that's on hold while I work on a newer WIP. Tattoo Love, which is in my siggy. I really want to see if I can pub this one first. It's close to my heart :D

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Netz! Did it myself hehe. Awesome I found a pic of a girl with a cherry blossom on her back that looks half Asian. Totally suits my character!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Lol! If you added up all the posts of the people who post on OPWFT, I reckon parumpdragon would still beat us!

:D I just talk a lot.

Is this the sequel to your sci-fi one with Raffin (I think that's his name, isn't it?)?

Yes, it is the sequel to the Scifi. And yes, his name is Raffin. Gaw you're good. ;)

I am not 6,580 words into this sequel. :)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. But waiting is not a rejection - at least not yet.

That's is a good thing! :D

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Yes, it is the sequel to the Scifi. And yes, his name is Raffin. Gaw you're good. ;)

I try. :D (Although I had a horrible moment yesterday when I went back to reading 'Graceling' and saw there was a Raffin there, and thought I'd misremembered your character's name and confused it with the Graceling one. Glad to know my memory isn't playing tricks, lol!)

Good luck with the sequel! :)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I try. :D (Although I had a horrible moment yesterday when I went back to reading 'Graceling' and saw there was a Raffin there, and thought I'd misremembered your character's name and confused it with the Graceling one. Glad to know my memory isn't playing tricks, lol!)

Good luck with the sequel! :)

Hi Netz :hi:

And well, there's a reason for his name. A meaning behind it. I actually didn't pick the name first, it was because of the root-word/meaning ;)

It makes sense in the book, but hard to explain here.

And no, no mind tricking you. :D

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I've really got high hopes for my YA fantasy, Screamcatcher, which has been with my agent for three months. I thought it was the best cinematic book I've ever written. The comments coming back are all over the place, as usual. I did a quick rewrite on it to remove some verbose slang that just littered the text.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Dorothy!

I'm working on my LS edits now. I'm pretty proud of the scene I just wrote. Later, I'll probably feel embarrassed about it. Writer neuroses.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I like this title too. Very intriguing, much more so than the other one IMO.

Thank you, William. I thought it had an unusual hook too. But so many writers poo-pooed it, and I just couldn't understand why. It also hints at the genre, while FTL sounds like a frickin non-fic bank title. Heh!

Tri:D

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
I've really got high hopes for my YA fantasy, Screamcatcher, which has been with my agent for three months. I thought it was the best cinematic book I've ever written. The comments coming back are all over the place, as usual. I did a quick rewrite on it to remove some verbose slang that just littered the text.

Good luck!

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Good luck, Dorothy!

I'm working on my LS edits now. I'm pretty proud of the scene I just wrote. Later, I'll probably feel embarrassed about it. Writer neuroses.

Thanks! And good luck with edits! You're an awesome writer, so I'm sure you have nothing to be embarrassed about. ;)

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! And good luck with edits! You're an awesome writer, so I'm sure you have nothing to be embarrassed about. ;)
Aw, thanks, chica.

I've sent them to my editor, and I'm pretty excited to see what she says.

Status
Not open for further replies.