Best content sites for newbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ella Riley

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is an awesome forum, I'm so glad I found it!

I'm pretty new to writing for content sites and I wanted to ask what your opinion was about the best ones to start with.

I've been reading different threads and I understand that different sites work for different writers but I'm still a bit overwhelmed and unsure where to put in the most effot.

So far I've signed up for textbroker. I don't mind it since I can write the articles fast but as you all probably know it's hard to rely on that for income.

I've also submitted 5 articles to constant content but haven't sold any yet. I'm going to keep submitting since it seems volume is key to success there but I wanted to find a place where I can get paid a bit upfront and also eventually get residual income.

I signed up for Associated Content but don't know if I should stick with them. My one problem is that it seems that so many people are writing articles there that every topic, no matter how obscure, has already been covered. Also it seems they take a while to review and I really don't want to end up waiting a week or longer for something to be published. I've read some rave reviews about Bright Hub but there are so many sites out there I have no idea which one to concentrate on!

I plan to sign up for DS but I want to build up some writing on a residual income site first so they don't dare reject me (I don't take that well!)

What sites work for you and what would you recommend for a beginner?

Last edited:

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
I actually think DS is better for new writers. Writing for revenue sharing takes a lot more skills (plural) than writing for a flat fee.

Ella Riley

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to write for DS but from what I've read it seems like they're a bit strict with who they approve. I don't have much of a writing resume or a link to a blog or any other site like ehow where they can see my writing samples. So I was thinking of waiting a bit before applying.

Ali B

Just Hanging Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alinabradford.com
I would say try out List My 5 for revenue share. It's fun and quick and will get you into the groove.
Once you have experience I would go apply to write at Suite 101. They have friendly editors and I make more there than with any other rev site.
I've made a lot of money from Demand Studios, but their editors are...difficult. A lot of them ignore the house editing rules and some even add errors. It's rare, but it happens. The biggest problem is that the rules vary depending on what editor you get, which is a crap-shoot. I kinda got fed up with them and only use DS for filler in-between client work.

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
I'd like to write for DS but from what I've read it seems like they're a bit strict with who they approve. I don't have much of a writing resume or a link to a blog or any other site like ehow where they can see my writing samples. So I was thinking of waiting a bit before applying.

I wouldn't say they are very strict. A lot of bad writing comes out of DS. But they might like stuffed resumes. Dunno about that. Been so long since I applied, I cant' remember if they even asked for published stuff.

onlyme

Registered
Reaction score
InfoBarrel is an up and coming site that has a good reputation.

DALwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I've been writing and editing for Pure Content (UK based) for a couple weeks, and so far I'm relatively pleased. They seem to pay a little better than most of the other content sites.

Edit: Haven't been paid yet, so we'll see how smoothly that goes. I've read some other posts about them paying late, though the company has stated they've recently become more streamlined.

Last edited:

georgeknoechel

Registered
Reaction score
I set up affiliate sites and write articles for EZA. With a few backlinks I usually get to the top of Google and the money comes in. It is a different approach but it does make me money.

LIVIN

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about List My 5 payments. Their website does not provide specifics.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
What is EZA?

EzineArticles.com

Shelley

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Hubpages can be a nice place to start. Probably not a huge earning but easy to use and a good forum. You can try out different niches there without doing a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.