XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Sian, the beauty of a roundhouse kick is that it will fell ANYONE. Actually, in practice, I quickly won against a guy with 6 inches and 100 lbs on me. It's all about leverage and speed. Speed with beat strength every time, you just have to build the muscle memory.

See? This right here is why I prefer attacking from a distance. I like to measure my strikes by things like "kilometers" and "megatons".

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina. You folks have been busy.

In a couple of hours or so I'll be catching a train to Gatwick, and will be north of the border (Glasgow) for three nights, back on Wednesday afternoon. I haven't been to Scotland for six years and I'm looking forward to catching up with friends I haven't seen in person (if not online) for some time.

If I can get online I may well drop in here and say hello, otherwise will be back on Wednesday!

Be good. Or if you can't be good, be careful.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Good morning cantinas :Sun:

Safe flight Eye.

I have seen teh newz from across teh pond. Please report in, youz have me a little worried there.

And I still haven't done that crit for Sian :Headbang: You'll get, it, you'll get it. Please don't let this raise your expectations of some masterpiece of criting though. I'm not that good at them yet.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
*pokes head out from under bedsheet*

Oh, yeah... good morning, or something like that... *grumbles and curls back up under sheets*

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just glad they're not tribbles cross-bred with Smurfs... now that would be a true horror...

...the singing.... THE SINGING!!

:ROFL:

Geez. I leave for dinner and a movie with the girls and y'all get chatty.

He will be great. You will be great. Greatness will abound!!

yay for greatness!!

:D

In a couple of hours or so I'll be catching a train to Gatwick, and will be north of the border (Glasgow) for three nights, back on Wednesday afternoon. I haven't been to Scotland for six years and I'm looking forward to catching up with friends I haven't seen in person (if not online) for some time.

If I can get online I may well drop in here and say hello, otherwise will be back on Wednesday!

Coincidently, my uncle left Czech for Scotland and such yesterday. If you see him, say hi. Or Dobry den. :)

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I can already tell that today's going to be one of those days where I just end up not caring enough to do anything of any value.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
I have it back! It came back! The title! WOOOHOOO!

It was in Spanish the whole time. I'll need to remedy that.

Yay!
<Fenika>Dire.</Fenika>

Um, this needs to be a thing. Like a emoticon, but... tag-like.
Because I would use that so much.

Oh, Sian, the beauty of a roundhouse kick is that it will fell ANYONE. Actually, in practice, I quickly won against a guy with 6 inches and 100 lbs on me. It's all about leverage and speed. Speed with beat strength every time, you just have to build the muscle memory.

I have heard this. Just so happens that I am slow too, and my muscle memory isn't really there. I'm much more built for endurance travel (bike and running) than I am at precession anything. I suppose I could work on it though.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
See? This right here is why I prefer attacking from a distance. I like to measure my strikes by things like "kilometers" and "megatons".

Yeah, no, I just presumed she meant that she was smalled than the guy. Bypassed all that nasty imperial -> metric fiddling. Cause I sort of just blinked at it too.

Have fun, and have a safe flight. It's always nice to catch up with old friends. It tends to amaze me when I do stuff like that - there are people out there that I knew in high school that are married and with kids, and it just blows my mind.

I have seen teh newz from across teh pond. Please report in, youz have me a little worried there.

And I still haven't done that crit for Sian :Headbang: You'll get, it, you'll get it. Please don't let this raise your expectations of some masterpiece of criting though. I'm not that good at them yet.

Thanks Ali :) Did you do a SFF peice that I missed? I can't remember who I've critted and who I haven't yet.

I do know I've got to do Kricket's piece. I just got back from work and feel a bit like a zombie, so that might wait until tomorrow.

And I'm presuming america? I always get confused by which side of the pond you guys are refering too, because that analogy doesn't really make much sense from here. Scanning the ABC, I don't see anything predominantly about america. What's happening? And I hope everyone is okay if they're where stuff is happening.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Thanks Ali :) Did you do a SFF peice that I missed? I can't remember who I've critted and who I haven't yet.
You did mine, thanks. You even said it was partly funny, thanks.

And I'm presuming america? I always get confused by which side of the pond you guys are refering too, because that analogy doesn't really make much sense from here. Scanning the ABC, I don't see anything predominantly about america. What's happening? And I hope everyone is okay if they're where stuff is happening.

I'm two ponds away from you, either way around the globe. I'm referring to this, scroll down to the menacing picture of cloud part way down, that's scary.

astrodragon

New Dragon; thinking about coffee
Registered
Reaction score
Mornings!?
Pah!

Mornings are something that doesn't happen to respectable dragons...

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
I have heard this. Just so happens that I am slow too, and my muscle memory isn't really there. I'm much more built for endurance travel (bike and running) than I am at precession anything. I suppose I could work on it though.

It's also possible you don't think you're very fast or have much muscle memory because you haven't worked on them for long. When I first started yoga I didn't think I'd ever be flexible enough to not look like a complete dunce- boy was I wrong.

Or you could be right, in which case, hey, if you run away they'll never catch you :D

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm two ponds away from you, either way around the globe. I'm referring to this, scroll down to the menacing picture of cloud part way down, that's scary.

Ooo, yeah, creepy clouds.

Mornings!?
Pah!

Mornings are something that doesn't happen to respectable dragons...

Guess I'm not respectable. :(

Welcome to the Cantina (don't worry about the name on top, it changes, frequently).

Yes Astro, especially try not to sit on any smibbles. ;) You don't know what they might do!

Honestly it's a toss up between biting you or doing... other unpleasant things. :D

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well, somewhere in the world it's evening, so just fly there. No?

:welcome:

Have a magic refillable glass and a seat. Just be careful what / who you're sitting on.

Adding my welcome :) Also, it's evening here in Aus, so that's where Ali just sent you :D Come and have a beverage of your choice

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
At least tell me it was an old, fragile sofa.

On second thought, I dun wanna know.

Aaaand I'm off to the Canada Day celebrations. Patriotism, how un-Raventongue-like of me. Peace out!

Status
Not open for further replies.