• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

D4EO Literary Agency (formerly D4EO Literary Partners) (Robert Diforio)

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Fortunately after remembering her comment on Twitter, I emailed her to say thanks for the feedback. She liked my story and didn't want me to give up on it. She told me I could requery her in the future and just include a longer sample so she could see that I had fixed the earlier issues.

Whoever gets her as an agent will be truly lucky. :D It helps that she's been in our shoes before.

Last edited:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
It was me too. Although, I actually thanked her right after via Twitter

thmafi

wobbly...
Registered
Reaction score
just saw on twitter she signed a new client!
i have a feeling she'll do very well as an agent. she's got great attitude and enthusiasm.

best of luck to everyone!

(i have a full with her, too.)

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, thmafi! The best thing about Mandy (at least right now) is that she's new and a writer. She happy to give you feedback because she's been there. She's really supportive. We ended up having a open dialogue today which was totally unexpected. Usually you send a thank you and that's the end of things.

thmafi

wobbly...
Registered
Reaction score
you're so right. it's cool to correspond with an agent who's been on the other side. (haha. that sounds so diabolical.) but she seems really sweet. i picked up her book, PRADA AND PREJUDICE the other day -- i'd been meaning to read it anyway, but figured now would be a good time to familiarize myself with her style -- and i was pleasantly impressed. several times i laughed out loud. very cute, fun read.

i think it suits her.

what's your novel about, Tuuli?

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I read the book for the same reason, and had also planned to read it when I first heard about it a couple of weeks ago. It was a cute read.

I'm going to PM you what my novel is about, thmafi. :)

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
I just queried her this afternoon and got a request for a full an hour ago. Her email was very nice and even if it doesn't work out (although I really hope it does!), her request is enough to make me bounce around all weekend.

I was going to go out and get her book this weekend anyway but I think I definitely will now. :)

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Jennifer! According to Twitter she's excited too. She hasn't requested anything since Sunday.

The book is definitely worth reading!

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Tuuli! I didn't even notice that she updated her twitter.

Now I'll be bouncing all month then lol

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
And it's ultimately a pass xD Well, it was a good few days of hoping while it lasted lol and she was very nice as she pointed out the strength and weakness of the manuscript. I'll have to go see what I can do about that.

Off to send out more queries and outline a new book!

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
@jennifer williams- sorry to hear that! best wishes on finding the right agent for you.

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats YAwriter72! That's great news about Mandy. I'm looking forward to requery her after I fix the issues with my ms. From my brief conversation with her, she sounds like she's going to be an awesome agent.

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! So you were the awesome author call that she wrote about on her twitter lol Good luck working with here! We'll all be waiting to hear about that book deal!

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
Congrats! So you were the awesome author call that she wrote about on her twitter lol Good luck working with here! We'll all be waiting to hear about that book deal!

LOL....I'm also the one who had the portal to the fantasy world!! :tongue

thmafi

wobbly...
Registered
Reaction score
CONGRATS YAwriter!!! that's so awesome!! Mandy seems like a terrific agent -- I'm sure you made the right choice. Best of luck to you!!! :D

grumbles13

Registered
Reaction score
So... For those of you who've had fulls requested, what's her average read time? I know her website says from 24 hours to a few weeks. I submitted my full on Feb 14, and, you know, I'm getting antsy. ;)

Thanks!

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
According to Mandy's email to me, she had been so excited to read mine, she jumped right into in. So I guess it only took her a few days. But she accidentally sent the rejection to herself and I had to wait a week and a half for her to realize the mistake.

According to her website, she doesn't read them in order received. It depends what she feels like reading. If she's in the mood for humor, she'll read that next. And like all agents, she doesn't necessarily read the full. She reads as far as it takes for her to realize it's not going to work for her. I also know this because she made some comments about something she didn't understand, but if she had read further, she would have read the answer because another character felt the same way. ;) So depending how many mss she reads all the way through, will also effect the wait time.

Good luck! From what I've read so far, she sounds like she's going to be one hot agent. Hopefully we'll hear some great news soon about her new clients.

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
So... For those of you who've had fulls requested, what's her average read time? I know her website says from 24 hours to a few weeks. I submitted my full on Feb 14, and, you know, I'm getting antsy. ;)

Hang in there. Bear in mind that as the work load increases (adding clients, making revision notes, re-reading client mss, submitting clients to publishers, and eventually contract negotiations, etc...) that response time on queries & fulls will naturally creep upwards, just as a matter of sheer time management.

Best wishes! My full is in the pile too. :)

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com

Thanks!

Mandy just tweeted if you sent your query or full before Feb 18 and have not received response to shoot her an email.

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
FYI as seen on Twitter & FB:

Mandy Hubbard: "If you sent a query before March 1 or a full ms before Feb 18 and have not recvd a response, shoot me an email!"

That would be me. I sent my full before that. Sending email...

Last edited:

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
My full was sent on the 21st, so I can't send an email. I'm excited about this agent :D. But I won't get my hopes up too much.

x

Elizabeth Holloway

Pass the sugar
Registered
Reaction score
I got a very nice R today from Mandy on my full. She had really nice things to say about my writing and had some really great feedback. She ultimately rejected my ms because it was too old to be YA. Oh well. I think it's more of a NA book right now, but I'm working on revisions to make it more YA. We'll see.

Anyway, Mandy was great. I have nothing but nice things to say about her and how she works. :)

Last edited: