If a couple of people could give me a hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
When (oh, when) will the Christian houses begin to realize there's a continuum amongst readers of C-fic, just as there's a continuum amongst mainstream fic readers? We don't all read historical, or contemporary, or action/adventure, or spec fic, or, or, or. Why do the publishers assume if we're believers, we automatically want Amish bonnet books and nothing else?

That said, it seems like a good time to mention I sold my "unsellable" Faith Box trilogy. Y'know, the one the agent said nobody liked because it's set in the middle ages. Desert Breeze will put it out starting this September with PEACEWEAVER, then THE HEALING TREE next April and WHEN THE ROSES BLOOMED the following November.

Thus proving that we all must read the same things...

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
Does she have the Blood of Kings books by Jill Williamson? She's my favey writer now and I love the series. Also check out my friend, http://www.ellencmaze.com/. she has great books. Amanda Davis has http://preciselyterminated.com/ Which is a great book. Also check out http://www.speculativefaith.com/ it has Spec Fiction on it. She might like it.

My sister is a born again Christian, and often we get each other books for Christmas. Anytime I try to grab her something form the Christian aisle int he book store she either has it or has read it, so I'm looking for some "Christian friendly" books from lesser known authors who may or may not post at a certain writer's forum.

I'm not looking for anything that would necessarily end up in the Christian fiction aisle at B&N, but I've read about the complaints given in this forum about a lot of fiction being Christian unfriendly or agnostic. So, I'm looking for some Speculative fiction that is something she might like that also bucks that trend. I'm particularly interested in supporting some of the local indie authors here, because I can be almost certain she hasn't read your stuff.

Does anybody have anything they've written and is available in paperback at Amazon?

Alas, my sister is techno-impaired and will probably be one of the last four U.S. citizens to get any type of ebook reader, so if your stuff is available as an ebook only, sorry, she won't be able to read it.

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
I. HATE. AMISH. LOVE. STORIES!!! ARG!!! I agree!! Give me elves and dwarfs. Gesh!!!

When (oh, when) will the Christian houses begin to realize there's a continuum amongst readers of C-fic, just as there's a continuum amongst mainstream fic readers? We don't all read historical, or contemporary, or action/adventure, or spec fic, or, or, or. Why do the publishers assume if we're believers, we automatically want Amish bonnet books and nothing else?

That said, it seems like a good time to mention I sold my "unsellable" Faith Box trilogy. Y'know, the one the agent said nobody liked because it's set in the middle ages. Desert Breeze will put it out starting this September with PEACEWEAVER, then THE HEALING TREE next April and WHEN THE ROSES BLOOMED the following November.

Thus proving that we all must read the same things...

BlueDimity

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been suggested before but how a about A Life God Rewards by Bruce Wilkinson and his other book the Prayer of Jabez?
Best books.
Another suggestion is ordering a monthly free christian small magazine called Our Daily Bread. That's subscription always brings something new to the table. :)

Fanatic_Dreamer

Daydreaming Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Any book by Ted Dekker. He's a brilliant Christian writer. A lot of his books deal with faith and spirituality. It's worth taking a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.