The Tenth Circle

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Hi, HC and Rosie! To be fair, I don't live in the city - hell, I can barely afford the commute from CT. But downtown is awesome, so many unexplored corners in every direction.

So I'm singing "On The Road Again" myself, getting a script or two ready for the contest "tour", not to mention a crit group engagement in a couple weeks. :eek:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Look what came in today's mail!
PIC-0406.jpg

It is gorgeous!

ETA: Since certain other people are making *remarks* about the "focus" of the photo (*cough* Purgies *cough*), I am holding a real live hardcover of Happy Camper's debut. :)

Last edited:

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Turned in book 3 late late late on Sunday night. So, technically one day early? Waiting on edit notes there.

And thus ends my first contract, really. Hm. Now what do I do?

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
I have stuff I can work on (rewriting two already written drafts of unrelated things) but nothing sold.

Anne Lyle

Fantastic historian
Registered
Reaction score
Cambridge, UK. Or 1590s London. Some days it's har
Website
www.annelyle.com
Ah - not such a good place to be :(

Actually, ignore my dates above - my final deadline is just before WF2012, with the book coming out in summer 2013. Assuming I'm not burned out (and the books haven't crashed and burned!) I hope to have something to shop around by WF2013 - but a publication gap is inevitable unless I can somehow put together a proposal package before then.

There's a serious downside to getting your very first completed novel picked up...

Last edited:

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
I always have a backup plan book in the wings. Right now I have so many projects I need to work on that I can't even get excited about new ideas. I have to clear the other ones off my plate.

(Shoo, shiny new idea. SHOO!)

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Look what came in today's mail!
PIC-0406.jpg

It is gorgeous!

ETA: Since certain other people are making *remarks* about the "focus" of the photo (*cough* Purgies *cough*), I am holding a real live hardcover of Happy Camper's debut. :)

How did I miss this??? Thanks, Lily! :)

My small squee of the day - hit #4 of US kindle hot new releases list. That list fluctuates like crazy so trying to enjoy this VERY short kinda shiny moment :)

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
You know what sucks? Hearing that an editor loves your voice, your idea, and the story you've told....but that they have something with a similar concept already in the pipe and don't want them to compete, so they have to pass. GAH!

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
You know what sucks? Hearing that an editor loves your voice, your idea, and the story you've told....but that they have something with a similar concept already in the pipe and don't want them to compete, so they have to pass. GAH!

So sorry, Chaos. :( I heard that on my contemporary from one line, and then it sold to another. So chin up!

erinbee

slanted and enchanted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinblakemore.com
Oh, {{{Chaos}}}. I'm sorry to hear that.

Fellow Hellers: I need a kick in the ass. I drafted a novel and am now at a dead freaking standstill, staring at it amiss and being scared. So...kick away! I really should be taking advantage of the time I have right now, since my editor is away on maternity leave and I have no clue what to propose for a second NF project. Okay. Thanks for listening to my whine.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Erin, where are you at in the process? Have you finished a draft? Would getting feedback help?

Most times when I'm blocked, taking a long shower helps. I have no idea why this is!

erinbee

slanted and enchanted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinblakemore.com
*aims the Spatula o' Doom at Erin*

Aieeee! *shrinks in fear, gets back to work*

Erin, where are you at in the process? Have you finished a draft? Would getting feedback help?

I'm done with my first draft and figuring out what needs to happen to get it beta-ready. It is really, really bad and I think I know what it needs to become better, but I am scared and paralyzed. I think I need to just turn off all electronic devices, suck it up and WORK. But a deadline would help, too.