Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, I just googled the link, weird.

Reminds me of the time someone hacked into my facebook account and sent a fake number to people asking if they wanted to have teh sex (spelled that way).

Last edited:

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
Crap. No I didn't intend anything like this. What message is the problem? Is this something hidden in a smiley I found? I haven't seen anything untoward, myself. I have a virus scan program -- it's supposed to periodically check, but I'm manually running it now.

If any of you can advise me of something else I can do, please let me know.

I'll post the results of the virus scan.

If the problem is a particular post, is there someway to simply delete it?

Sorry everyone. I've never had this happen before.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Back on post #4327 you posted a website, I don't think it is a link. I mean, if you're into that kind of stuff, that's cool. I don't judge :D

I've never seen something like this happen on AW (a SPAM-ish post by a regular member) ??

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
On that post (originally designated 4237), what I see (and thought I was posting) was a multicolored smiley rolling...which I found because Carleree's on a roll. I go to the link, and I still see the same thing. Weird. Anyway, I've deleted my post.

Carleree, you should delete your post where you are responding to mine.

Don't know what you all saw. Maybe I don't want to know.

I guess that's the end of me finding clever smileys. I apologize. I didn't realize anything like this was possible. How can I see one thing -- and the rest of you see something else?

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How odd. I didn't know stuff like that existed. Now I really want to see that smiley, sounds adorable.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
For anyone who's interested: If you google "rolling smiley" the first hit has the cute thing I posted. Or posted in my dimension, anyway.

I still can't figure out how this happened or why, when I looked at the archives (before deleting), I saw only the smiley.

I guess the internet is all magic and tubes and stuff.

It's late out here on the east coast, at least for old folks like me. Maybe you west coast people (you're all computer geeks, right ;)) can figure it out. I'm going to bed.

Nova Odyssey

Marvelous
Registered
Reaction score
For anyone who's interested: If you google "rolling smiley" the first hit has the cute thing I posted. Or posted in my dimension, anyway.

I still can't figure out how this happened or why, when I looked at the archives (before deleting), I saw only the smiley.

I guess the internet is all magic and tubes and stuff.

It's late out here on the east coast, at least for old folks like me. Maybe you west coast people (you're all computer geeks, right ;)) can figure it out. I'm going to bed.

weird! yes magic and tricks and all sorts of things.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Virus check manually run -- nothing found.

Looking at the log, my program found and quarantined two viruses on the 10th. But this predated what happened.

So I'm thoroughly confused. My husband is the computer guy in our family and tells me that what happened made no sense. But then, he's spent time with technical support in the past where they've said that what was happening couldn't possibly be happening. Even though it was.

Oh well. I hope everything is squared away now. If any other problems like this crop up in my posts, tell me immediately. I am not the type to send dirty pictures to folks.

If I wanted to upset people, I would send them pictures of oral surgery. Oh, don't mind me. I'm having some tomorrow, and I'm a major weinie when it comes to stuff like this. :eek: I guess this dates back to a dentist insisting I HAD to be numb and so proceeded, even though I wasn't. The bastard refused to believe me, or maybe his schedule was tight that morning. Really, why would someone lie about this? Addiction to the wonderful high from getting another shot of novocaine?

No, I can't watch Marathon Man.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
What kind of oral surgery are you having, Hathor? I wish I could help. I worked for dentists for years, and I'm still a lousy patient. Bad experiences stay with you no matter how good your new dentist is.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
There's a hard lump on my palate. The surgeon is going to remove it and send it for biopsy. Usually these things are benign, but he (and I) want to be sure.

I've already filled prescriptions for an antibiotic, a reportedly nasty mouthwash, and two kinds of pain medicine. I'm supposed to be pain free in a week. I think the surgeon is sympathetic because he once had the same surgery himself. (How I know the mouthwash is nasty.)

I'm being a baby. I haven't even googled the technical names for what I have. I suppose I should do that today. But I've been thinking so far I'm better off not knowing the worst that could happen, since it is unlikely.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Luck Hathor! I'm sure you will be in and out with no worries :D :Hug2:

Quickbread

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between the beginning and the end
Damn, I missed all the excitement here. I didn't see Hathor's smiley or the offensive pic. I've been busy running around and helping my parents get ready for an around-the-world trip. Lucky dawgs! They're in their mid-70s, and they are taking along their iPhones, iPad, netbook, HD camcorder, digital camera, MagicJack and Kindle. And I'm their tech support person. Thank goodness the Kindle takes care of itself. They have a suitcase just for their electronics and peripherals. Hehehe.

In between, I'm still working on my final chapter rewrite, and I've been dancing around what really needs to be on the page. So I just keep writing and rewriting, and slowly it's getting closer. I'm really hoping to launch all my queries this week.

Hathor, good luck with your surgery. I agree, stay on a need-to-know basis. Sometimes less info is better!

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of tech issues, anyone ever had merchandise delivered to you that you haven't ordered? Twice UPS has tried to give me some dog cages and I've refused. My name is on the boxes and the company is one I've never dealt with. I haven't had a dog since I was a teenager.

We checked all our credit cards, and we haven't been charged. We checked Amazon, too, since they once sent me books ordered by someone else -- also clean.

So I guess this isn't my problem, unless UPS tries to deliver these a third time and I'm not around to refuse delivery?

Maybe this balances out with the time UPS inexplicably refused to deliver part of my husband's new computer setup. The computer company received it back and called us, wondering why we had sent the box back.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe somebody thinks I need a dog and the cages are a surprise gift. Only nobody I know would do anything quite that bizarre. That I know of. :Shrug:

Quickbread

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between the beginning and the end
How bizarre. Have you called the shipper of the dog cages? Maybe you should check your credit report just to make sure a new credit card hasn't been opened in your name?

Then again, it could just be a delivery error. When we were out of town a couple weeks ago, our neighbor emailed to tell me my pink dress got delivered. Pink dress? I didn't order anything, let alone a pink dress. It was actually two pink dresses (for little girls!) in slips of plastic with a packing sheet. It should've gone to an address around the corner. How it got left on my porch with no box, I'll never figure out.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot. We did find one weird credit card transaction. A negative cash advance for an ATM in Shanghai (meaning money went in). Credit card company put hubby on hold for some time--then a recording said they were too busy to answer his call and disconnected.

Life is sometimes strange.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
How bizarre. Have you called the shipper of the dog cages? Maybe you should check your credit report just to make sure a new credit card hasn't been opened in your name?

Then again, it could just be a delivery error. When we were out of town a couple weeks ago, our neighbor emailed to tell me my pink dress got delivered. Pink dress? I didn't order anything, let alone a pink dress. It was actually two pink dresses (for little girls!) in slips of plastic with a packing sheet. It should've gone to an address around the corner. How it got left on my porch with no box, I'll never figure out.

Of course, if there's a new credit card in my name, wouldn't the thief want merchandise delivered to him?

Anyway, I called the pet supply place. They have no record of me or a delivery to me. The lady took my telephone number in case they figure out what's going on. She also was mystified.

One time a delivery to me went to my next door neighbor -- who seemingly doesn't ever look on her front porch (which is hard to see from my place or the street). UPS insisted said delivery were made. I insisted it wasn't. They tracked and called me: "Hey lady. I'm here at your house. The box is on your front porch." I run over and explain sweetly how the street number where the box sat did not agree with the street number on the box.

Since then, if I'm missing something, I check next door.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
I should have stayed home and edited the sequel today. Instead I crashed into my best friend's car and her husband tore a strip off me in front of my kids :(

That's uncalled for. Yelling wouldn't change anything, other than scaring your kids.

I hope everyone's okay.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
We're fine. i was backing up, trying to avoid the husband's new truck which he parked directly behind my van. I was turning sharp to get around him when my front bumper hit her side door. It's just a mess. I'll try and smooth things over on Friday when i see her again. Thankfully, he'll be out of town.

And I think I can be sure he won't hire me now. Good thing I have some fulls out there :)

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
Hathor, All I saw on my computer was a box w/white background with blue letters saying "NAK'D". I didn't click on it, though!

Hope your mouth feels better - yikes.

Carelee - sorry about the car. Also yikes.

Spent weekend skiing w/fam - with 30 inches of new snow, had to go. Now kids are off this week for midwinter break (!). I don't forsee much writing this week.

Polly

Status
Not open for further replies.