Status
Not open for further replies.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Hmmmm.... guess it's also a generation thing; my daughter (aged 16) and all her gang calls them pants, nothing else. Not even panties. We're in the deep South! The bloomers thing I've only known in boarding school. And I wouldn't know much about knickers or whatever since then... I've been abroad, mostly, up to five years ago!

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Bmwhtly said:
I think you're gonna be just fine around here.

**whispers**

I agree. They think they don't fit in at first, but after a short time they drift over to the dark side. Once the words knickers/eggplant/Orlando Bloom or banana bread creep into their conversations it's all over.

We pay attention to them.....more than they realize.:)

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Rllgthunder said:
**whispers**

I agree. They think they don't fit in at first, but after a short time they drift over to the dark side. Once the words knickers/eggplant/Orlando Bloom or banana bread creep into their conversations it's all over.

We pay attention to them.....more than they realize.:)
Sshhhhhh, You'll scare them away.

PenelopePitstop

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what eggplant is, so I think I'm safe from the dark side... for now ;)

However, I've always wanted a lightsaber!!!

MizzACEE

VERY Proud AUNTIE to be!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Can I be the evil lady villian? Like Cruella De Ville????

dis_cruella.gif

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
PenelopePitstop said:
I don't know what eggplant is, so I think I'm safe from the dark side... for now ;)

However, I've always wanted a lightsaber!!!
120px-Aubergines.jpg

Wikipedia said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aubergine

The aubergine is an important food crop grown for its large, pendulous, purple or white fruit. It has been cultivated in southern and eastern Asian countries since prehistory but appears to have become known to the Western world no earlier than ca. 1500 CE. The numerous Arabic and North African names for it, along with the lack of ancient Greek and Roman names, indicate that it was introduced throughout the Mediterranean area by the Arabs in the early Middle Ages. The scientific name melongena is derived from a 16th-century Arabic term for one kind of aubergine.
The aubergine is called the eggplant in the United States, Australia, and Canada. This name developed from the fact that the fruits of some 18th-century European cultivars were yellow or white and resembled goose or hen's eggs.
Because of the aubergine's relationship with the Solanaceae (nightshade) family, it was at one time believed to be poisonous.

Status
Not open for further replies.