Burris turned away at Senate door

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Gradually he gained authority and turned out to be considerably above the average.

His name was Harry Truman.

A reputation I remain skeptical of. When he left office (deciding against running for re-election in 1962) he was vastly unpopular. His reputation revived only during the 1960s, and I'm still not entirely sure why. But I'm aware that I'm in a minority with that view.

caw

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Is there no one who is wise, just, and righteous in our country of 280 million who can rise to the office of the Presidency and deliver on the promise of our founding fathers?

Wise, just and righteous, who are foolish enough to put themselves through all that abuse and stress?

AncientEagle

Old kid, no need to be gentle.
Registered
Reaction score
A reputation I remain skeptical of. When he left office (deciding against running for re-election in 1962) he was vastly unpopular. His reputation revived only during the 1960s, and I'm still not entirely sure why. But I'm aware that I'm in a minority with that view.

caw

As one of your admirers, I'm always reluctant to disagree with you. But as one of Truman's, I must. The more I have studied him, the more impressed I've become with his basic, hard-headed ability.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Like I said before, I felt sorry for Burris for being dragged into all this. But now it seems he's as sleazy as the Blag is. This whole race card bullshit solidifies my new-found contempt for him. Plus I think it will eventually come to light that there may have been some sort of deal between him and Blagojevich after all. If so, then I hope they tear this guy's political career to shreds.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
An update: I just saw footage of a press conference Burris gave, apparently it took place either today or yesterday. Just when I think this bottom-feeder can't disgust me any more, he outdoes himself. The man was speaking in an almost gleeful tone when describing how he was going to get the Senate seat. (he apparently already feels he's gotten it.) You can tell the guy is trying to rub it in everyone's face that he played the race card and it worked. This dirtbag can at least go to sleep knowing that he didn't win his Senate seat nor did he earn it. He simply hustled it.

He's as sorry as the governor. Both men personify corruption and arrogance. The way he talked in this press conference, I half expected him to come out and say "Fuck yall, I got the Senate seat anyway. Booya!" He knew full well there were zounds of morons out there who would gleefully fall for his playing of the race card, especially the imagery of a black man being turned away from Congress.

What I piece of dog crap. This whole thing is an insult the every victim of racism and every person who actually fought for civil rights for all. I never thought I'd say this, but this guy may even be more pathetic than Jesse Jackson. It just goes to show that some people will use race as a tool for self-promotion and will gladly exploit whatever is necessary to get what they want.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
The moment Burris showed up for that charade at the Senate door I lost any hope for him being a respectable human being, let along respectable U.S. Senator. I suspect he represents the pinnacle of political comrades with whom Blagojevich has any degree of relationship. That alone should be reason to keep him out. The good people of Illinois would be better served with a single Senator in place than this guy.

caw

Last edited: