What's Wrong With this Query??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomber

Banned
Reaction score
I've gotten, like, NO response from this. Is there something wrong with it?

Dear Mr. Agent or Mrs. Agent:

I here you sell books. I have an idea for one. It'll be long. I think I make it a mystery but someone told me sci-fi's sells good so maybe I'll do that. I hope we can be really good freinds, too. If you say yes,I can cook for us one night.
Also, I'm not good with clothings, so could help me what to wear on Oprah? I know you New York people like clothes. By the way, Do you know if is she single? I'm really nervous about being on tv but I want to be too, so its ok.

I hope this letter brightens your day,

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
I've gotten, like, NO response from this. Is there something wrong with it?

Dear Mr. Agent or Mrs. Agent Self-Righteous Asshole:

I here hair you sell books. I have only one idea. It'll be long. I think I make it a mystery to everyone but someone told me sci-fi's Cuma Suit Raw sells good so maybe I'll do that. I hope we can be really good friends with benefits, too. If you say yes,I can cook for us one night and cheerish u.
Also, I'm not good with clothings, so could help me what to wear on Oprah I hope you like nekid? I know you New York people like clothes because u r so in habbided. By the way, Do you know if is she single r u single? I'm really nervous about being on tv dressed but I want to be too open, so ok.

I hope this letter brightens your day finds u in a predickament.
I made some changes. This should get a response.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Dear Wannabe Author,

I point you to this thread: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86927

Feel free to pick whichever response there YOU like best!

I'm going out of town for a few months, so I'll contact you when I get back. But only if I've lost my mind. Honest.

The Heartless Beyotch Dream Agent

crimsonlaw

Roll Tide Roll!!!
Registered
Reaction score
This is the greatest query I have ever read. And I've read, like, five query letters before.

Pure genius. It's almost poetic in its genius.

Bravo, my good man. :Clap: Bravo.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
You could aslo try this:

You Arrogant Spawn of a Mutant Camel!:

I here You sell books. And you make money doing it.
I have an idea for one. It'll be long. I think I make it a mystery but someone told me sci-fi's sells good so maybe I'll do that. I hope we can be really good freinds, too. If you say yes,I can cook for us one night.
Also, I'm not good with clothings, so could help me what to wear on Oprah? I know you
If you want to keep making money, you'll meet me in the train station in New York at midnight tomorrow. I don't like to hurt people like clothes. By the way, your sister, Do you know if is she single? I'm really nervous about this so I'll bring then entire 500 page manuscript carefully hand lettered on rainbow paper.being on tv but I want to be too, We'll meet in the last stall mof the men's room,so its ok.

I hope this letter brightens your day you know how to follow instructions,

Try this. You will get an AMAZING response.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've had luck using this rather generic query that can be customized to a particular agent:

Dear Scumsucking A-whole;

There's a contract out on your life, and a manuscript in the mail to you. It's your choice which to accept, but you can only pick one.

Sincerely,

Midnight "Hitman" Muse.

Status
Not open for further replies.