'Twas a dark and rainy night..

Kiiskinen

Registered
Reaction score
..when I originally stumbled upon this forum, and figured it would be a good place for me to get some helpful tips.

In all honesty, that was a couple of weeks ago, and it's a perfectly nice and warm spring night now. But you have to appreciate the moody opening, right?

Anyways, a book I'm writing (my first, gasp!) seems determined to hand me my backside tonight, so I thought it might be a good time to introduce myself. Such pressure though, writing a post like this on a forum filled with writers. Yikes!

Anyway, not much to say. 25, from Finland, write fiction mainly in English, and music/sports/business/misc. stuff in both Finnish and English. Studying media productions in an university, finally graduating on 23rd. Also working on the first issue on my own magazine amidst everything else, should be done sometime during the summer. Looks good and reads even good-er. Not to honk my horn or anything.

That's about it I suppose. Glad to have made your acquaintance (had to cheat a bit and Google up the proper spelling for that one.)

Something to light up your evening, before I go. As I mentioned, I'm having some troubles with the words and the letters and the what-have-you tonight, so I tried Googling up "Some you keep, some you don't" for inspiration. It's a tagline I use for the book, an old saying I'm pretty sure.

So Google throws these links at me: "21 Tips to Keep Your S*it Together When You're Depressed", "Suicide: Read This First", "8 Things to Remember When Everything Goes Wrong" and "4 Ways to Stop Yourself from Crying."

Calm down Google, damn, a cup of coffee is all I need.

Last edited:

JacobS.Tucker

A Wannabe F. Scott Fitzgerald
Registered
Reaction score
Website
parisandprose.com
Well, let me be the first to wish you a warm welcome!

Always glad to have another writer out there in the world and another one here on the forum :) Best of luck in all your writing endeavors!

-Jacob S. Tucker

Kiiskinen

Registered
Reaction score
Well, let me be the first to wish you a warm welcome!

Always glad to have another writer out there in the world and another one here on the forum :) Best of luck in all your writing endeavors!

-Jacob S. Tucker

Thank you, much appreciated! It's been working out well so far, but there are still many the miles in front; all of which I look forward to.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
'Twas a dark and rainy night.

May I use your neat line to open my novel? I was going to go with Call me Chase, but yours is darker and . . . well . . . wetter.

:welcome:

Kiiskinen

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! What kind of book are you writing?

The one I'm currently 19878 words in is something of a romantic novel slash fairytale, with the romantic aspects being more part of the setting than the plot, and the weight being on the transition from a child to an adult and right back again.

I good sense making o_o I hope I can come up with a better description before I try to get people to read it. But thanks :D!

May I use your neat line to open my novel? I was going to go with Call me Chase, but yours is darker and . . . well . . . wetter.

:welcome:

I have to admit something.. that line might not have been ENTIRELY my own creation :x

Thanks, glad to be here :)!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

I intend one day to start a book with: It was a dark and stormy night. No, really, it was.

Smeasking

Just call me "Sox" :)
Registered
Reaction score
The one I'm currently 19878 words in is something of a romantic novel slash fairytale, with the romantic aspects being more part of the setting than the plot, and the weight being on the transition from a child to an adult and right back again.

I good sense making o_o I hope I can come up with a better description before I try to get people to read it. But thanks :D!

Welcome, Kiis! I like nicknames--so I'm calling you "Kiis." See, we're friends already! Hehe. :)

Your story sounds nifty! I'd love to read it when you're ready to share. For now, just have fun, take your time glancing about through the threads, and I'll see ya around! :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

jerrimander

No one takes me seriously. Really.
Registered
Reaction score
You quote Frasier (and more importantly, Niles) in your signature. You will go far padawan.

Kiiskinen

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks all for the warm welcome! :)

You quote Frasier (and more importantly, Niles) in your signature. You will go far padawan.

Haha yeah, the last time I had a TV was something like 10 years ago, but I've seen all episodes of Frasier several times over. Just love that show.

jerrimander

No one takes me seriously. Really.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks all for the warm welcome! :)

Haha yeah, the last time I had a TV was something like 10 years ago, but I've seen all episodes of Frasier several times over. Just love that show.

At first I was like, "no tv? How is this possible?!" But then I realized everything I do is online now. Including watching fantastic shows like Frazier.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! 'Twas a dark and stormy night in the toilet:)