Last Movie You Watched...

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
With those two in it, I'd be more surprised if it weren't good.

It really tricks you since at first it appears that Lorre is the murderer in his usual persona, but at the very end you find out is far more complicated than that.

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
The last movie I watched was 17 Again. It is a great movie--this being the second time I have watched it. Funny, it is about an older man, yet they still manage to stick the teenage hero meets bully, teenage hero teaches bully a lesson thing in there. Sort of predictable. Still a great movie, though.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Down By Law, a 1980's artsy comedy with Tom Waits and Roberto Benigni about three guys who get locked in a cell prison in New Orleans.

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
I just watched Inglorious Basterds.

While I speak [or at least understand] some German and French is not all that difficult for me as I am somewhat fluent in Spanish, the subtitles totally distracted me! I tried to compare what was being said to what was being written and it made the whole thing a farce.

The story itself is so ridiculous and unbelievable it is totally a waste of time. It should also clearly be rated X from the smutty scene in it.

And, I am certain that not one actor would ever be considered for any kind of award for their so-called acting!

In other words it sucks!

[sorry is this was too subtle]

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Seconded "How to Train Your Dragon." Seen it twice in the past week :) It's not a new story by any means, but it's told well, it's funny and engaging, with solid characters, and surprisingly moving.

rosewood

Registered
Reaction score
Have You heard About the Morgans? I thought this was pretty good. The critics nearly had me miss this one because they claimed it wasn't funny. But, personally I thought that Hugh Grant's joke delivery system was on full blast and gave life to an otherwise mediocre plot. And there was just something interesting about watching Sarah Jessica Parker. I don't know what it was. I would love to see these two in another movie together with a much stronger plot. Overall if you are looking for a fun movie to watch which doesn't challenge your "little grey cells" -this is it.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Red Zone Cuba: painful, pointless and it makes Ed Wood looks like George Lucas. Yet, I can't keep the title song, Night Train To Mundo Fine, out of my head.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Brothers. Not too bad. Could have been better.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sherlock Holmes of DVD. Eh. RDJ sounded and acted like Holmes, but he looked too much like RDJ. Could have been better.

Clash of the Titans (new one) - Loved it. Worthless movie fun.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Clash of the Titans. I enjoyed it for dumb fun. And I liked it better than the original, which was far too slow and boring.

I saw the new one in 2D. Reportedly, the 3D sucks.

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
The Great St. Trinian's Train Robbery (1966). Nowhere near as good as the earlier St. Trinian's films with Alastair Sim, but amusing enough.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Clash of the Titans. I enjoyed it for dumb fun. And I liked it better than the original, which was far too slow and boring.

I saw the new one in 2D. Reportedly, the 3D sucks.

Yep. After Avatar there is no comparison.