The Girlie Thread

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
I've never neglected annoying anyone around here. It is my mission.

Richard

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
You wouldn't want to make Kit cry, now would you?

richard

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
See you guys later. Everyone be as good as you can be...Me, I am going somewhere tonight---anywhere----I just gotta go somewhere!!!!

Peace... Girlies and Guys!!!

:)

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Warning, huge rant!!!

I'm so f*cking pissed off right now, I can hardly type. A little while ago, I had to write congress and others because of something that was happening at the tiny FOB where my husband is in Afghanistan because his chain of command was content to pretend there wasn't a problem. Well, I made enough of a fuss and made enough people aware, that things began to change. In order to do this, I had to make a point, in doing so, I stated some general facts about location and number of soldiers and such (all the stats I got from the Army in a newsletter and FRG meeting given by Hubby's chain of command), so it was all general, easily obtainable knowledge. Well, his chain of command looked like idiots when they got in trouble for not taking care of this issue (that endangered soldiers) so they tried to pin him with opsec violation, couldn't (I showed them where I got all the info. . .from THEM), then they hold a tele conference to address the concerns of the wives. I couldn't go because I had to work. It turns out, it was a bitch about ME conference and the other wives there were told I gave out information that could have costs lives?!?!?!?! AND that it was also my husband's fault for telling me too much. What?!?!?!?! That pisses me off. I did not! And he doesn't stray from the rules at all. He's annoyingly obedient. And now, every single member of the FRG (the group of wives and families of the soldiers) thinks I'm a total careless bitch who tried to get soldiers killed. I am so mad. Sooooo mad. I was trying to save soldiers, and damnit, I did. I didn't know that this had happened in the FRG with the teleconference with the commanding officer until I went to befriend a wife new to our company, and she said, "Oh, you're the one." Then she told me all what was said. I nearly exploded. Nothing I say at this point will matter. But I am just so mad, and hurt. I would be pissed enough if it was just me, but they dare to say that Hubby told me stuff he shouldn't. That is such BS. If I had been at that teleconference, none of this would have happened because I could have defended my husband and myself, and called the CO for totally neglecting a group of soldiers. But he KNEW I wouldn't be there, I had emailed him and told him I couldn't because I had to work and asked him some questions about his lack of action in this unfortunate situation.

Oh damn, damn, damn. I'm just sooooooo mad. I'm so f*cking mad.

Last edited:

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry storygirl, It seems like they were looking for a scapegoat and a place to direct the blame.
:Hug2:

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Turkey. The thing about it, the women of the FRG were told I did this and they believe what they are told by the bigwigs. These are the women who are supposed to be my support, who now don't even let me know when the meetings are. They won't tell me about any of the events planned (carnivals, picnics, out door concerts) that are for deployed member families. I can't even give the lying two-faced CO a piece of my mind because he'll just take it out on my husband. This just sucks.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I know you don't want a ciggie, well you know you shouldn't have one but I know how it feels. I have been wishing for a smoke for a week now. It's really hard. What you went through for our soldiers is amazing.

I'm so proud of you. I'm sorry people are fabricating stories to cover their asses. I would see who to talk about that AS well and let them learn they can't black ball someone and you will just let it stand.

But that's just me. Go kick 'em where it counts sweetie, they asked for it.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Cass. I love you!

Last time I kicked a little butt, they nearly busted my Hubby, but we didn't care because lives were possibly at stake, this time, it's just my pride and his reputation. If I say anymore, they'd make his life a living hell. I do want a cigarette, and I haven't really felt the urge for one in about two months. How long have you been quit, Cass?

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Thanks Cass. I love you!

Last time I kicked a little butt, they nearly busted my Hubby, but we didn't care because lives were possibly at stake, this time, it's just my pride and his reputation. If I say anymore, they'd make his life a living hell. I do want a cigarette, and I haven't really felt the urge for one in about two months. How long have you been quit, Cass?
Thing is, I don't really smoke. Not a regular smoker. I smoked when I was in the UK for six weeks, socially. That was stupid of me. It took months to be rid of the cravings.

When my mother died and I lost my job in two days time, I grabbed ciggies and smoked for about three weeks off and on.

I can't stand them. I really can't. But when I'm out with others socially drinking and they smoke, I do too. And it seems when I'm stressed out emotionally with sorrow, I want them.

ETA: Haven't had a smoke in three weeks now. :)

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Ack. I am still spitting mad! I thought after I slept on it, I'd be calm. Nope. That always works!!!

I actually wrote the FRG a long email this morning, telling them what was said about me and Hubs was inaccurate and hurtful and that I am so pissed off that they are concentrating on a perceived mistake I made instead of the giant f*ck up that could have cost soldiers their lives, and that I'm hurt they don't care because it's not their hubby in a particular place, but it's mine, and I have to believe I'd care if it was theirs. I haven't sent it because I don't know if it's best to let this pass or to stand up for myself.

Coffee anyone? I made plenty.
:D

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
*hugs back atcha*

Thanks TJ. I guess that is true. I could take the blame, but I really wish they left hubby out of it. He is a stellar soldier, he embodies everything a soldier should strive to be, and they have no right to try to take that from him. I hoping he calls today. He'll probably tell me that he doesn't care what they said about him or about me, he just cares that at least his soldiers will start being taken care of. *pout* And that's the man they are painting as a jerk. I do want to kick those people in the butt, and swiftly too.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
That does suck and I'm sorry for you guys. At least you guys know what's really important and what really matters. The rest of this doesn't matter in the big picture anyway. Actions speak louder than words and I'm sure your hubby proves himself every day that way.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Awww, thanks. And yeah, he does.