• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Drollerie Press

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
I applaud Ms. Fisher for being responsible about closing up shop, and wish her all the best.

Rysta

Registered
Reaction score
I love how I found out they were closed through Duotrope. Not, you know, through my publisher.

It's very sad that Deena is so sick she can't do what she loves.

That said, my book was out for one month--one--before they closed up shop. Why did they go ahead with it? She had to know that she wouldn't be able to keep this up.

Frankly, I'm angry because now I've lost first publication rights. I can't ever sell my book for the first time again. Probably, this book will never be published again.

So thanks. Thanks for that.

I still haven't gotten my rights back, either.

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
A book that's good enough to be published once is good enough to be published twice. This isn't the same kind of situation as trying to republish a self-published book - your potential market is largely untapped. Most publishers will respect that in a situation like this.

I would say, if you haven't heard from them yet maybe drop them a line and ask about when your rights are likely to be returned. I get the impression with most authors they've been pretty prompt (the rights to the story I had in one of their anthologies were returned before they closed up shop) and I'd be concerned that you've slipped through a crack somewhere.