• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader needed for YA Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel

Stuff and nonsense.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm looking for a beta for my YA Contemp Romance about a serial dater/breaker-upper and her most excruciating breakup ever. Brief description below:

Riley Burke has broken up with 14 guys in the past 14 months, and she has no intention of ending that streak of heartbreak anytime soon. Her exes warn their friends to stay away from her. The girls gossip about her. And it is getting hard to find someone brave enough to date her...
Until Derek Miller emerges from the computer lab and asks her out.
She agrees, even though he’s never spoken to her before, and it’s the biggest mistake of her life. He seems to love toying with her, and when the day of her 15th breakup comes around, he simply... refuses.
Now she’s determined to get rid of him, and he’s just as determined to stick around. He just won’t go away, and her year is going seriously downhill as she tries to convince him to just leave her alone.
50k or a little under (Don't have it open right now so can't quite tell. May be closer to 45k. I know I should know this. Just don't ask about my day today ;) ).

I'm looking mainly for someone to help me with the major aspects of the story, plot, flow, characters, etc. Not so much a grammar beta. My favorite betas are those who aren't afraid to address the tough issues, won't hold back on the criticism, and are interested in making the book great even if they have to murder my pride.

If anyone is interested, please PM, and I'd be happy to return the favor. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.