Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Akasha.

Well, hey, you never know. Maybe an agent will read something you write and love it so much she offers representation.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Don't give up hope, Ari. :) I remember when I was really discouraged by even considering the possibility of wanting to get published because I write black female leads and there aren't a lot of YA supernatural novels with black leads in them. But you never know!

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Akasha, I'm saying because I plan to just self-publish. It's VERY rare for a self-pubbed author to get picked up by an agent. It does happen sometimes (most notable example I can think of being Amanda Hocking), but not much.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Back from work, but about to head out again. :)
Did you see my earlier comment, Ari? Self pub definitely presents great opportunities, but you shouldn't give up on traditional publishing just yet for your YA fic. Don't box yourself.

And I don't have time to reply to your thread yet, Lisa - but I'm definitely going to. :)

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I did not see your comment. It's really not that I'm giving up. It's that after all my research I feel like self-pubbing is the better option for me right now. Thanks though :)

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
FINALLY! FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!!

I HAVE SEEN HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALOOWS PART 2.

I know I didn't shed a tear :')

Snapes Memories = BEST FRICKIN' PART.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I hate when you get a character and you're not sure if the plot should be fantasy or contemporary, grr.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I've been such a lazy bum today. I've read 5 books today. 0_0

And gah. The person who I babysat for this time last year just asked me to babysit again. I want to, because that means money. I like money. :D But, it would involve me waking up really early. I also have to find a ride because she doesn't live in my town. And her kids are also kind of a handful.
I don't know what to tell her. I *should* do it. I just don't know if I want to.

Edit- Choco, what you wrote was deleted before I could read it but *hug*. Also, I do the same thing. :D

Last edited:

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
reading 5 books a day is an awesome accomplishment, though. I can't even read a book a month anymore.

Ah, you didn't miss anything--it was just me capslock internet yelling about my professor assigning me extra work & how I think 98% of scholarly literature is complete bullshit.

I feel better now though.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not in college. But I agree with 98% of scholarly literature being bullshit.

I normally don't read 5 books in a day. But I want to read 200 books by the end of the year, and right now I'm like 7 books behind where I should be.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Right now i wrote this hilarious scene but its when my MC's are all adults and in work. This makes me want to write an adult series continuation, it would so be worth it just for this one scene.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, everyone! Florida actually has good non-bipolar weather today! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.