Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
In the shower, yes, there is singing. Doing the dishes?
Dishwasher in my apt. broke down last weekend and I have not burst into song washing dishes in the sink. Repair guy comes tomorrow afternoon and then I may hum a few bars from Puccini.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you're not alone, Sass. A very close friend died on Sunday. I found myself noticing things that would have made an interesting picture.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Komnena, I'm so sorry to hear your news!

Sassy, I know just what you mean, feeling guilty enjoying something as innocent as singing while doing a chore.

But Mike is gone, even though his body is functioning still. It won't be for long. And you know your friend would want to be missed, but would not want you to wallow in misery, either, because people don't wish that for those they care about.

So sing if you want. I'm waiting to hear Trevor do Puccini. I am so spoiled by having a dishwasher that hand-washing the crystal and the pots and pans seems most odious.

Maryn, seeking but not finding a pun involving Odious to Joy dishwashing liquid

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry I'm disappearing for such long periods of time. I run a couple of social groups, and I've gotten so friggin' busy running those groups, I spend most of my online time tweaking things for those groups, updates, etc.

It's kind of become a second job. I enjoy it, but than I forget how much time it's been since I've posted here!

Just saying hi, since I've been "cheating" on AW with others.

Even though I grew up in Georgia, it's hot and humid even for me today. So, I can't make fun of anyone that whines about the heat today. You can make fun of me instead, this time. Heh.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What, you went outside? Foolishness.

Mr. Maryn insists we go walking today, even though it's already 80 and only 7:30. Ugh. But we'll be in the car all day tomorrow, eating to stay awake.

Which brings me to my small announcement, that I will be away again, from tomorrow until July 28th, with very little or no internet. (My laptop died and is in the shop. I'll travel old-school, with lots of books.) Unlike last week's travel, which was somewhat abrupt due to The Kid needing parental input on finding a place (and possibly co-signing, since she is not currently employed), this trip was planned in January.

So if you don't see me, know I'm reading. Sweet!

Maryn, trying not to miss her computer

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Good to have you back, BKiddo! Of course, I've been gone too, so that's why I didn't notice :tongue
And yes, way too hot to go outside today. Though the beach scenery and a badly needed hike are enticing, why do that when I've got new pillows and a new (3rd) cooling fan, my laptop and writing/creative stuff to do? That's what I thought...

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
Keep as cool as you can, tubbers! Kid 3 and her husband went to Maine this weekend, where I saw precip on the weather map. (The rain in Maine stays plainly in the ....?) Across the country I could tell you how the weather was in the San Juan Islands today, where I took a little trip, but that would be cruel. I will report that as the ferry headed back to the mainland around 6 p.m., hundreds of passengers on board, a contradancing caller and a 3-pc band set up on the second deck and got a whole bunch of random people (not in some dance club) to do-si-do. It wasn't one of those flash-mob scenes, the caller had to take 3-4 minutes to explain the steps for each song and have the people practice a bit. But it was way cool.
Trevor, easily amused on a ten-dollar cruise trip.

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
No posts for three days and Ray's slips to the second page. C'mon, tubbers, don't let this board look like your lawns just because Maryn goes off the net for a few days. ;)
I am jazzed because I just heard from a tango instructor, and I want to know the rudiments of tango before I travel to Argentina next November.
Trevor, checking netflix for Evita.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi. everyone. I borrowed a computer for a few minutes. Sunburned one hand and the top of one foot. The hand, I presume I washed off the sunscreen, but the foot, WTF? We're hitting one of the Atlantic beaches this afternoon, and tonight after dinner the bay side at low tide.

Maryn, with sand everywhere

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
Double ouch, Sass--we forget what a sensitive area the sole can be until we hurt it. Top of the foot is owie country, too. Bet M's footwear is limited to flp-flops until she can stand to tie shoelaces again.
Trevor, safeguarding the feet for those tango lessons

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sassy, I bet that hurt--but the peeling aspect would be less unsightly than any other place on your body.

I heard back from the repair shop about my laptop. Hard drive's dead. I told them to replace it, but Mr. Maryn says that the cost and the age of the computer may not have made that the wisest choice. Too late now, so I'll pretend I considered it carefully. I just know it's cheaper than a new laptop with the same capabilities.

At least everything on it was either backed up or can be downloaded for free again, like Open Office.

Maryn, just smart enough

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
With Hubby's late work hours, I am exhausted by Friday. Napping and a short night's sleep doesn't equate to a long night's sleep, apparently.
Please send good vibes and/or prayers that he gets the day shift position he applied/interviewed for. He had a great performance review so I hope that translates to the new shift for him.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
We continue to plod along. I have spent my day off sorting books. My mother, may her memory be eternal, told me the day would come when I would be tired of having so many books but I wouldn't listen. I have made a small dent today. I have been ruthless today.

Status
Not open for further replies.