I need a songwriter for web crossover project

Songsfromtheother

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a writer. My novel, Songs from the Other Side of the Wall, is about a 17 year old girl (sandrine) growing up in post-communist Hungary. She's an active member of an online political community and a songwriter. Her musical style is what I describe in the book as folk/indie/torch song - probably best to think Nouvelle Vague/ Emily Loizeau.

The book is nearly finished and has had some great scuttlebutt on other sites like YWO and Authonomy. In the New Year I'm launching a website to promote it, which brings me to the thing. I'm looking to give site visitors as much of a feel for Sandrine's world as I possibly can. So I'm hoping to put music on there. What I'd really like is to have some of the songs she sings in the book on the site. Thing is I'm a writer not a musician...

I can't offer payment at this point but I can offer lots of plugging, and I'm happy to offer people an area on the website to sell downloads of their other music (or to offer a clickthrough to your existing shopfront).

I'm planning to promote the site through indie music venues and student unions next year (these being my target audience). Please feel free to check out some of the interest the book has generated so you can judge if I'm a timewaster at:
http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=2168

Do post here if you're interested or know anyone who might be.

I'm new here, BTW so Hi!!