Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave.C.Robinson

... with the High Command
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.daverobinsonwrites.com
Most of the "rules of the query" apply to fiction, which this isn't. A proposal is the normal way to sell non-fiction. Plus, as an insider he may have skipped the initial query stage because he knew who he was sending to.

They appear to have followed normal non-fiction procedures for a non-fiction book. So why are people complaining that their fiction works aren't being treated the same way. They're not the same thing.

ATP

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
This is a good point.

Which then raises the question - oughtn't the mod. consider moving the thread to the Non-Fiction forum?

[Also, if you're referring to me, I wasn't complaining-as I said in my preceding post, I am removed from the novel (and n-f) book writing and publishing business, and was making an observation]

Last edited:

czjaba

dreaming of the day...
Registered
Reaction score
The funny thing to me is, that I will probably buy the book, just for the hell of it, to find out what all the hype and fuss is about. If the story can hold my attention, it must be written well. If not, well the publisher would still win, because I would have already bought the book to see for myself.
I think it's great that these 2 people (let's not forget about the cat) came up with the idea and sold the idea for that much money. I don't understand how anyone can be jealous over such a thing. They are obviously better at writing a book proposal about a cat than we are.

Just a thought, I would like to see that proposal, though.

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
I was in our local book store yesterday. I've never looked in tha animal section before, OMG, they have everything. Dog/cat name books. What is your dog/cat thinking. Complete book on grooming. Dog/cat recipe books (foods to prepare for your pets - not how to eat them... but perhaps there are how to eat them books out there too, perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough).

This section was twice the size of the pregnancy and baby section! It was at least as big as the cooking section. This is a huge market.

AND, this is in Thailand. Imagine the market in a country where people actually care about their animals... wow. I'm shocked!

Status
Not open for further replies.