Any LIVERPOOL FC fans at AW? Anyone?

ReallyRong

Registered
Reaction score
Southampton in this house - because I'm from there.
Hard times for the Saints at the moment. I went to the Notts Forest match and it was just embarassing.
I work with a number of Reading fans and generally wish them well as they are the closest team to where I live.

You should have gone to the match against us instead! :) :cry:
Surprised at your poor league position, given how you performed twice against us.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
This thread seems well suited for the Sports and Fitness forum, so we'll move it there and inject that board with some much needed love.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Well the magic of the cup strikes again. We can't win a league match to save our lives but put us in a cup competition and we win! Go figure! Maybe 'Arry should tell the players to think of the Prem league as one big cup competition!

Spurs 3 Wigan 1 :D

Btw nice move putting this thread amongst all the baseball and fake football posts! ;)

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
You should have gone to the match against us instead! :) :cry:
Surprised at your poor league position, given how you performed twice against us.

Couldn't face it after the Forest debacle.
Got any space at the Majedski?

Don't fancy our chances against Man U in the Cup

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fellow Liverpool fans FA Cup Game today 12:00 on Fox Soccer Channel Liverpool at Preston

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck to Liverpool.

Though I hope we don't get you in the 4th round.

Having already knocked you out of the league cup and beaten you in the Prem I don't want to push our luck any further! :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1-0 Liverpool :D

2-0 Liverpool final

Last edited:

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Should be a good game. Pity poor Spurs who have to go to Manchester united in the 4th. Still you never know with Spurs. We're crap in the prem these days but stick us in a cup competition and we seem to win!

Adam Hammonds

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adam-hammonds.com
Should be a good game. Pity poor Spurs who have to go to Manchester united in the 4th. Still you never know with Spurs. We're crap in the prem these days but stick us in a cup competition and we seem to win!

Can't decide whether I want you to knock the Mancs out in the 4th round so we don't have to, or keep them in it to distract from the Prem. Hmm. Well, you decide.

And what's with the Spurs voodoo against Libpool this year? Amazing. Also amazing how you immediately turned around as soon as Harry got in there. Well done. No relegation battle for you, I suspect.

Hey Regdog: quite a game against Preston, huh? Great to see Gerrard+Torres back again!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

:e2tongue: to Man U

Hey Regdog: quite a game against Preston, huh? Great to see Gerrard+Torres back again!

It was a good game. Liverpool played solid for 90 minutes. And it was good to Gerrard and Torres back. :) Can't wait for the next game

Adam Hammonds

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adam-hammonds.com
Time to take apart Stoke on Saturday. Just over 24 hours. I should have one of those big red count-down clocks on my wall, but I suspect they're very expensive.

Aschenbach

Moral Marjorie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear. See Benitez's rant against Ferguson today? I'm a Manchester United supporter, and couldn't stop laughing. Halfway through a press conference Benitez produces a page of notes and reels off a pre-prepared speech about every single post-match comment Ferguson has made about referees this season, and how the FA are too scared to charge him.

Doesn't Benitez have more important things to focus on? Like a tricky away fixture against Stoke? I really didn't think he would take the bait so easily.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Struggled today, Stoke had the chances to turn you over

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Time to take apart Stoke on Saturday. Just over 24 hours. I should have one of those big red count-down clocks on my wall, but I suspect they're very expensive.

Hey Adam you ever had this experience before where things you say come back to haunt you?
Take apart Stoke. :roll:

I think you need a new manager if you're serious about winning the Prem. All his outburst against Fergie did was play into Uniteds hands. Reminds me of a famous or should I say infamous outburst Keegan had against Fergie several years back. He was the Newcastle boss in those days and Newcastle were 12 points clear. Anyone tell me what happened following that rant?

Oh one other thing. Since Rafa insisted on luring Robbie Keane from us thus leaving us well and truly in the brown smelly stuff this season do you think he could have the decency of actually using the player? He's a very good goal scorer just ask any Spurs fan!

Your best two strikers left on the bench for the whole of the first half and one not even used at all! What the hell is up with that scenario?

I just wanted to add I hope I don't sound like I'm bashing Liverpool as I do like them. I'm just bashing that useless, clueless manager you've been sadly lumbered with.

Last edited:

Adam Hammonds

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adam-hammonds.com
After watching that horrid performance I don't think I'm in the best mindset to be defending the manager, but . . . still top of the league, and still in my opinion the likeliest team to be top come May.

That being said, why not play a fit Keane who's just started to get into good goal-scoring form? Why not give Torres (who looks pretty damn fit after the hamstring injury) more than 30 mins? Why play Kuyt for 90 mins when he did absolutely nothing? Why give a rant of that nature during a gameweek, perhaps shifting the focus of his players? YOU GOT ME.

Moving on, I see one outcome between the Mancs and Chel$ea tomorrow: draw. I'm going 1-1. Anyone else with predictions?

Aschenbach

Moral Marjorie
Registered
Reaction score
Moving on, I see one outcome between the Mancs and Chel$ea tomorrow: draw. I'm going 1-1. Anyone else with predictions?

United will win, either 1-0 or 2-0. Scorers? Vidic &/or Berbatov.

(another baffling team selection by Beniteth today. No Keane. No Torres until the 69th minute. Kuyt upfront on his own? It's almost like he doesn't want to win the league.)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Liverpool played one of the worst games I've seen in a long time. They didn't even deserve the point. :tongue

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
United will win, either 1-0 or 2-0. Scorers? Vidic &/or Berbatov.

(another baffling team selection by Beniteth today. No Keane. No Torres until the 69th minute. Kuyt upfront on his own? It's almost like he doesn't want to win the league.)

I hope you put money on your named goal scorers!

Aschenbach

Moral Marjorie
Registered
Reaction score
Wish I could help with the lottery. I have won a grand total of £30 over the years.

As for the league, United have to be favourites now, especially with the way they brushed Chelsea aside. That should have been one of the hardest games of the season.
Liverpool have done very well but I think they need another 2 or 3 quality players before they can really challenge for the league. I always wonder what would happen if Gerarrd was out for a month or so. (And if he's found guilty on this assault charge that could happen)