Last Movie You Watched...

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Beastly on a mother/daughter movie night. Dear Lawd,these filmmakers HATE parents.

When I got home,I watched The Last Mistress. Excellent movie.

authorgirl1485

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I just watched THE HANGOVER last night for the first time.

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
Saw Rango recently. Just terrific. Totally loved Johnny Depp as Rango. Kinda looks like ... Um, not. Cast was great. Story cool. Animation very good.

Also recently saw Inside Job, narrated by Matt Damon, who is turning more and more into a politico. IJ is about how the world financiers decided to change the world by making themselves rich and influencing governments (first and foremost, the US of A) to pass legislation that would help them get away with dirty deals. With all these politicians in their pockets, they could commit just about any crime they wanted, including threatening (and even killing?) people who got in their way. That was implied. I say, let's GET 'EM!

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Red Riding Hood. It was more romance and less dark fantasy than I was expecting. Still, I loved the images and the scenery.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Red Riding Hood. I'd like to comment on the movie itself, but I was so distracted by the idiots next to me who WOULD NOT STOP TEXTING that I kept getting pulled out of it.

PSA: The next time I go to a movie and so much as SEE a phone anywhere near me, I will take it and fucking break it in half.

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
I'll jump into this, since I used to comment in another forum I used to belong to.

Hart's War

I love Bruce Willis, but I wasn't in the mood for another WWII prisoner camp movie and other common elements. Good movie, even though I wasn't in the mood for it. 3/5 stars.

Blake M. Petit

Geek Pundit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.evertimerealms.com
Caught two movies last night. Red - nothing like the graphic novel, I hear, but a fun action flick. A thousand times better than Cop Out, Willis.
Frozen -- Surprisingly effective little thriller. Had that ring that makes you think it may just be possible.

Esmeralda

Snowman...on the job
Registered
Reaction score
Saw The Lincoln Lawyer with a friend. So so.
Can't wait to see Red Riding Hood.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
The Fighter. I wanted to really love this, but my heart just wasn't into it. I appreciated how energetic and fierce Christian Bale was (not really Oscar level IMO) and how powerful Amy Adams is - they worked together very well. And I was impressed by how scary whoever played the mother is especially. OTOH David O Russell wants to be Scorsese and knows he can never be Scorsese. :D Oh well, it made me want to hunt down the classic Mickey Ward and Ward / Sugar Ray matches on DVD!

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not the last movie I saw, but I forgot to mention that I saw Hereafter last week. I was surprised that the three story lines tied together so nicely. Bittersweet. The kid actor was amazing.

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
Red Riding Hood.

Love Catherine Hardwicke. Story was okay. Effects were okay. Actors good. 2-1/2 stars.

L_N

Registered
Reaction score
Don't Say A Word
It takes me back to think about the brighter days actors/actresses had...you know, before most of them ended up becoming either batshit insane or unfortunately passing away at a young age :/