• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking a Beta for my YA mystery/thriller (some mental illness elements)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I finally finished my rough draft. It's about a 17-year-old girl that gets high on Fix, a drug that was meant to treat depression but has now become illegal because of the fatal side effects. She does it mainly to be with her "imaginary friend" Nate. The only way she can see him is if she takes it.

Inside a Purple Sky is just shy of 50K words and is a YA mystery thriller with paranormal and romance elements in it. If anyone is interested, I would gladly swap. I have a beta now, but was hoping to get a second opinion. I am hoping to swap with another YA writer that has around the same word count. Thanks

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you have questions regarding mental illness let me know. I don't think I'd be a good enough beta due to lack of experience, but I can help with the other stuff. :)

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I would love that Kate. No worries on if you're experienced or not. I'm just looking for whatever I can get. I know I said I wanted a beta with around the same word count, but I am willing to read longer manuscripts too, for you or whoever is interested.

Thanks again Kate, I will pm you.

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would love that Kate. No worries on if you're experienced or not. I'm just looking for whatever I can get. I know I said I wanted a beta with around the same word count, but I am willing to read longer manuscripts too, for you or whoever is interested.

Thanks again Kate, I will pm you.

My ms is in the editing phase and I plan on retyping the entire thing once I'm done attacking it with a red pen. I appreciate the offer to reciprocate but no need. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.