What corner of AW do you inhabit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ Knightrey

She Who Constantly Changes Avatars
Registered
Reaction score
I lurk around the Politics thread and QLH but I'm a little bit intimidated to jump in at this point, but I might get there eventually. I frequent:

*Basic Writing Questions
*Novels
*Roundtable
*New Members
*Young Adult, which is where I am most of the time

...I was not aware there was a 'new post' checker thingy ... *goes and checks that out*

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I used to hang pretty exclusively in MTS, but I started feeling pressured by checking in to the 500 words a day (pathetic, I know) so I had to pull out. It's awful, but I'm at a point where I'm lucky if I can write once a week, and always feeling like I didn't have anything to add made me feel like a failure.

Nowadays I usually read threads in here and the B&BC section. I don't often respond, but I'm lurking around a lot. Once I start being confident in my ability to write more than a dozen words on a regular basis again I plan to start stopping in at the MTS area again. I loves them peoples.

jeffo20

Tyrant King
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doubtingwriter.blogspot.com
My typical routine is Basic Writing Questions, Novels, Roundtable and Query Letter Hell. I try to comment regularly in QLH, but I have frequent periods of burnout (especially when people insist on updating their queries after every other crit they get--too exhausting).

SianaBlackwood

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sb.siasan.com
I just sort of scroll down the page and see if anything jumps out at me.

(Also known as I hardly ever post anyway so I don't know why I'm here.)

Taylor Kowalski

professional mountain troll
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mostlytaylor.com
QLH and the Young Adult forum, mainly. I'll venture into the other SYW forums if I'm feeling particularly... critical.

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I live in AW chat more than the boards, but lurk the Sci-fi/Fantasy Cantina daily (its name changes frequently.)

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
My usual haunts include Roundtable, Ask the Agent, Nonfiction, Self-Pub/POD, Designing Book Covers and Book Promotion. I can't say enough good things about the mods and people in BR&BC - it's an amazing resource. And Story Research is fascinating. I often think the thread titles could be used as writing prompts or something.

Yorkist

Banned
Reaction score
PC&E, PoC, and SF/F are definitely my main haunts, in that order. You may occasionally find me in the Roundtable, Novels, Comics, Video Games, Beginning Writer's Questions, and Office Party, though.

LGallier

Marketer.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.literaryplus.com
I haven't been here long but I check out the new posts first.

The marketing related section is a must, given my profession and all. Then the UF sub-forum as I'm an urban fantasy writer myself. The rest depends on something shiny popping up in the new posts.

Last edited:

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com

sarahdalton

Banned
Reaction score
I'm definitely a corner dweller. I usually go straight for Self-publishing and POD, then Science Fiction and Fantasy, then Roundtable and if there is anything new in Promotions or E-publishing I go there. Sometimes YA.

I wonder what it says about our personalities? Some of us go straight for new, others drift to the familiar. Some potentially interesting psychology there. :)

I'm also a thread skimmer. I rarely read the entire thing. I get bored with long posts! Sometimes, even if a thread is relevant to me, I don't reply if it's on the 4th or 5th page because I'm too lazy to read the entire thing. Seeing as I'm asleep while the US crew are getting busy on posts, that happens quite a lot!

To say I'm a writer, I'm a very bad reader...

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I tend to float all over the place: New Posts, then my subscribed threads (most found after skimming new posts).

Bewares is the only subforum I regularly check up on, otherwise I'll only walk into a specific corner if I'm looking for something.

Last edited:

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
I spend more time than is good for my blood pressure in P&CE. Otherwise, I hang out here, offer hugs and tea in Conquering Challenges, contribute occasionally to PoC/QUILTBAG, drive-by post in Basic Writing Questions and, on the rare occasion I get the time, I pop up in the SFF Cantina.

Just-Krissy

Keep calm and read on
Registered
Reaction score
I tend to roam around aimlessly and find what ever is interest.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I am always in the most 'literary' thread - Grandma suse's HOF & Floozies! You can just tell by the title that it's gonna be a silly, fun-loving thread with lots o' great folks 'n :Cake:s! :D

Celeste Carrara

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
My routine is to check the self pub forum where I usually hang out. Then I'll scan other forums, but have only really posted in a few, like erotica, novels, book promo & beta readers forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.