Pregnant at 66 yrs old. What is your take???

Reaction score
Except the ease with which 16 year olds get pregnant shows nature likes 'em young rather than old.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
the reply was to mel who was musing on the lifespan of the mother.

you can think my cheney comment was bullshit (though i'm not sure who my ilk are), but life-threatening medical conditions, and especially well-publicized serious conditions like cheney's heart problems, are without a doubt dealbreakers in modern presidential politics.

What utter nonsense.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Is anybody else grossed out at the thought of a 66 year old woman having sex?

Ok she's pregnant, let's not forget how she got that way.

Yeah.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Well, let's see. She's an adult. That counts for something. She has 50 years more life experience than a 16-year-old, and she undoubtedly has better financial stability and may even be ready to retire (rather than being busy working at a fast food joint and trying to get her GED). Her pregnancy was intentional which means she wants to do this rather than being blindsided after a night of sloppy, birth-control free sex with some pimply faced nerd.

So yes, 66 is better than 16.
You're talking about just her, now. Your post suggested 66 is always better than 16. If that wasn't your intention, fine.

Not all 66 year-olds have financial stability, not by a long shot. And really, they have no upside for earnings. They're going the wrong way. Life experience is great, but health is a factor, too.

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com

Yeah.
The article explains it was in vitro, but we should all be lucky enough to still be getting some when we're in our sixties.

Preferably with minimal snark from strangers trying to picture it in their heads.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Except the ease with which 16 year olds get pregnant shows nature likes 'em young rather than old.

True. Then again, I'd venture to say that 16 year olds in this day and age are not as emotionally and financially equipped to be parents as they were, oh, say forty thousand years ago. :)

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website

Yeah.
Not at all.

There's nothing gross about sex for older people, imo. In fact, I think I read somewhere that a healthy sex-life in advanced years was just fine, if not beneficial.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Yeah.

Gee James. I hope you're not adopting an ugly sexist mantra, intent on making a woman's worth predicated on whether you find her attractive. . .are you??

Reaction score
True. Then again, I'd venture to say that 16 year olds in this day and age are not as emotionally and financially equipped to be parents as they were, oh, say forty thousand years ago. :)

We're not talking about forty thousand years ago. We're talking about 2009.

16 year olds need a guy with a boner. 66 year olds need a guy with a test tube and a turkey baster.

Nature goes with the fresh eggs, not the pension plan.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're talking about just her, now. Your post suggested 66 is always better than 16. If that wasn't your intention, fine.

Not all 66 year-olds have financial stability, not by a long shot. And really, they have no upside for earnings. They're going the wrong way. Life experience is great, but health is a factor, too.
Most women are well past the ability to get pregnant without expensive medical intervention at that age. The rest (as this thread will attest) are well past any desire to bear children at that age. So of course I was only talking about this one woman. I should have made that clear.

I really don't think this is some new trend we have to worry about, or make laws against. This is her business.

That said, there are also 16-year-olds mature enough to be good parents. I haven't met any who actually are, but that's probably because most of those who are mature enough to be good parents are also mature enough to have mastered birth control or be postponing sex.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

16 year olds need a guy with a boner. 66 year olds need a guy with a test tube and a turkey baster.

Yes. But nature doesn't give a crap about how emotionally mature you are or what your financial situation is, or any number of other things people in 2009 try to take into consideration when planning a family. Back then, it didn't matter. Hell, people were getting married (and by that I mean consummated, not just bethrothals on paper) at what...12 or 13? As soon as they were fertile? By sixteen, they're probably on baby number two or three, and society was set up around young families like that. Today, they are not. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Most women are well past the ability to get pregnant without expensive medical intervention at that age. The rest (as this thread will attest) are well past any desire to bear children at that age. So of course I was only talking about this one woman. I should have made that clear.

I really don't think this is some new trend we have to worry about, or make laws against. This is her business.

That said, there are also 16-year-olds mature enough to be good parents. I haven't met any who actually are, but that's probably because most of those who are mature enough to be good parents are also mature enough to have mastered birth control or be postponing sex.

There certainly are 16 year olds mature enough. But they would be the exception rather than the rule. Though most would, if circumstances dictated, find themselves maturing rather rapidly if they weren't there already...

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com

Yeah, there's nothing terribly natural about this scenario, except that I suppose it is natural for us to engineer the universe to our whims.

It's what we do, for ill or for good.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
To the OP, I think it just gives my wife false hope for her future...

I knew a couple in their late 60s/early 70s who adopted a 2-year old. Then, the husband passed away, leaving the wife to care for the 2-year old by herself. I think it was a really bad idea in the first place, but it's their choice...same situation here.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
There certainly are 16 year olds mature enough. But they would be the exception rather than the rule. Though most would, if circumstances dictated, find themselves maturing rather rapidly if they weren't there already...
Well you know, that's part of life. I think sixteen is too young in this day and age, as well. But nature usually knows what she is doing, imo.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
You just have to remember to clean them up before the senior home's night shift makes their rounds.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well you know, that's part of life. I think sixteen is too young in this day and age, as well. But nature usually knows what she is doing, imo.

Heh. But that's a whole OTHER can of worms, though, isn't it? But I tend to agree, in general. :)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score

Yeah.

Gee James. I hope you're not adopting an ugly sexist mantra, intent on making a woman's worth predicated on whether you find her attractive. . .are you??

I don't think James was being sexist at all. I think he just finds old people icky.

May he live a long, long life. :)

Reaction score
Hmm, I dunno...the words 'woman' and 'having sex' kinda made it a bit more specific than 'old people = oogy' to me, Hagster....