Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I like hugging people who are taller than me. I feel safe. :3

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 5'9" (ish), and I love it when guys who are taller than me hug me. Especially a few specific guys (who are among my closest friends in the world). Typically I don't mind being hugged by anyone. ...Or almost anyone, I should say. There are those few who I just feel awkward. My favorite though...well... Let's just say there are a couple of my really good guy friends who not only make me feel safe, but also smell *REALLY* good. :D

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Ari.

I have to put Skype back on my laptop at some stage...

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Skype will never leave my laptop. Even though I've barely been on there lately.

Now, to revise while brainstorming ways to note that electricity was never invented in the world of Weeping even though they never go anywhere that electricity would be necessary....actually I'll brainstorm that while I do the reading for my creative writing class. THEN I will revise.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
5'4 and a half right hurrr. But I hate hugs. Unless I give them.

I always seem to miss the interesting conversations. :/

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
All right, now I'm wondering if I can get away with killing the fact that Weeping took place in this world at all. I would have to kill references to Italy, but I could keep Feliciano and even his father/family, but the problems arise in the references to Latin and Italian themselves, which are important in that Weeping and Lacrimosa are supposed to be the same via both languages...hm.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I was the tallest person in my year group at 11. I'm so sad I stopped growing at 5'9. I would have loved to make it to 6'. :tongue

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I was the shortest person in my class until high school when a few people stopped growing. I'm still on the shorter end of average (about 5'3") around here.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Why do you want to take it out of our world, Ari?
I don't necessarily want to, it's something I'm wondering if I CAN do. Mostly because with all of the companion novels...there's like 3 that I think take place here (the next 3) and then the 5 after that take place in the same universe in what I call the Otherside because they're more Prominent Magicky.

I at least need to make it evident that electricity was never invented if I keep it here and also that America didn't ever come into being, but instead that landmass is a conglomerate of smaller countries which are never going to really be featured in any of the novels. I'm confusing myself, mostly.

ETA: I'm short, too.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hey BG, that rep you sent me--does she ever include actual names from this world? That's one thing I'm mainly torn on. One of the secondary characters is a made-up member of a family that actually existed and was famous for their violins, and I don't want to get rid of that relation. I can if I absolutely have to though. I'll just be very sad in the midst of picking a new last name because Feliciano Stradivari sounds so very nice.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Hey BG, that rep you sent me--does she ever include actual names from this world? That's one thing I'm mainly torn on. One of the secondary characters is a made-up member of a family that actually existed and was famous for their violins, and I don't want to get rid of that relation. I can if I absolutely have to though. I'll just be very sad in the midst of picking a new last name because Feliciano Stradivari sounds so very nice.

I think she does. I don't know how many, if any, are well known, but... *shrug* You can check out her site and see what she has to say about where names and such came from (I forget just how much she put up there, though...). Just go to her "Princess" books (Princess of the Midnight Ball I think has more info about that stuff than Princess of Glass).

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OMG YES. I sort of fancy Harry Melling. He's the grandson of one of THE DOCTORS.

FANDOMS UNITE.